(Closed) 6 Months out- doing the fitness crunch

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My wedding is the week after yours! I started my diet 2 weeks a go. I joined weight watchers to lose 20 lbs because I was having no luck on my own.

So far it’s just been diet, but I am planning to ramp up the exercise soon. We walk our dog for 45-60 mins every night but I want to add some weights and abs.

Post # 4
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I strongly suggest Weight Watchers! I have been doing it for 6 months and I have lost 31 pounds! It really helps focus your efforts, keeps you accountable and I think going to meetings has become not only helpful for weight loss but for my general stress level. My mom decided to do it with me and it has been good for us to be doing it together. We try to meet to walk or do healthy food prep anytime we need to talk about wedding stuff and it has been awesome. I cannot sya enough great things about Weight Wachters – it really does work!

Post # 5
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

My wedding is in 5 months.  I’ve been doing p90x for awhile but didn’t get the results I was looking for at all and am bored out of my SKULL. Haven’t really been watching what I’ve been eating either (damn my Fiance and his inhuman metabolism!  And his love for baking!)

I’m going to start insanity next week (keep truding through my p90x workouts until then) and start religiously tracking my food again (I used to be totally militant about it, but then stopped and it’s REALLY hard to get going again.)  Hopefully, that should help.

I could stand to lose a good 10-15 pounds.

Post # 6
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I did a whole diet change and workout routine 7 months before my wedding and I dropped 40 pounds.  I only worked out 45 minutes 3 x’s a week and made SURE I got enough sleep (that’s SO key!!).  For diet changes – I made sure I was eating ‘real’ food.  Meaning – minimal processed foods.  I focused on lean protein and veggies… with good fats and some fruit.  That was the core of my diet.  Think about how much processed food we consume – all the extra ingredients and salt, etc etc… when I stuck with it (and didn’t cheat) the pounds melted off.

You are starting at the ideal time and can definitely lose the weight!  Figure out what works for your body and don’t give up!  You can do it!

Post # 7
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

i am 3 1/2 months away from the wedding and 7 full week in of working out! im so proud of myself. haha..i’ve always been one to work out but not regularly. Fiance and i made a promise to really push each other until the wedding. here is what my workout plan has been:

Sunday: (we have made it our thing to get up on sundays and workous since god knows once football comes on there is no leaving the couch) Early morning cardio about 20 minutes with light weights…i try and do about 40 min total

Monday- PILATES! starts at 7:30 at the YMCA so i usually go early enough to get a good 20 min on the eliptical prior to pilates class

Tuesday-Hardcore Cardio- i do about 60 minutes (im a machine wh*re, i can never stay on one too long i usually do 10 or 15 minutes than jump to another machine)

Wednesday- Pilates! this time at 5:30 at the YMCA

Thursday-Carido and weights, i do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of dumbells

Friday-Saturday- AHh freedom…no working out for me

I try and eat healthy on the days im working out and i reward myself on the weekends with my favorites.

So far this has worked out well for me, im seven weeks in and i am def starting to see some definition in the muscles. the number on the scale is going up but my clothes are starting to sag. so i try not to look at a scale.

Keep up the good work girls! i swear the regular exercise is helping with my energy and my sex drive 😉 not to mention kicking my butt into shape.

The topic ‘6 Months out- doing the fitness crunch’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors