6 months plus TTC

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 76
1957 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

View original reply
@SweetCaroline89:  I hate that she arrived, but (silver linings) am happy for you that it was on time so that you could get to these next steps. Make sure to update us when you’re able about everything…I hope that the HSG is super easy for you. I went ahead and booked my annual appointment for April, right after we hit 11 months, so that if needed, we can get the ball rolling on the HSG/SA. It sucks to be at this stage. I hope you get good results…maybe just a nice little blockage that the HSG knocks right away, and then you get a BFP. Fingers and toes crossed. 

Post # 77
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
@dianaj17:  thanks for words of encouragement! I’m so proud of you for holding out so long on testing! Fx for BFP this weekend! Had my HSG today and radiologist told me he initially thought my right tube was blocked but was eventually able to get the contrast through. Hoping that there was just some mucus plugging it and now that the pipes are clean, I’ll get my BFP soon! DH also did his SA this week so we’ll see what that shows 

Post # 78
1957 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@SweetCaroline89:  it’s weird and twisted to say, but that could be good news! If one tube was out of commission, that already means you’re only operating at 50%. FX for a great SA and a BFP next month! 

My resolve is struggling, but I’ll make it to AF or Sunday, whichever comes first, even if it kills me.

Post # 79
109 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@dianaj17:  haven’t checked the boards this week and just saw your amazing news! I’m so ecstatic for you! You have been such a source of encouragement for so many of us and I’m hoping you have an uneventful and healthy pregnancy! Eek!

We got  DH’s SA results back and everything looked ok 

volume- 4.4 mL

Count- 23 M/mL

57% motility

total motility count- 57 million 

They didn’t report morphology which I thought was strange. 23 M/mL seems on lower end but she said anything above 15 M/mL was normal. RE said we can consider Clomid + TI with next cycle though I think we’ll probably give it a few more cycles before going that route. Still holding out hope that HSG this month may have helped our chances! 

Post # 80
1957 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@SweetCaroline89:  I’m a few days late, but THANK YOU! I’m in such shock. It didn’t really feel real, but I’m almost 5 weeks now and the symptoms have started…my boobs have never hurt like this, and the fatigue is getting worse by the day. The symptoms are comforting! I’m hoping that the HSG got things cleared out for you, and that you have a BFP so soon. I know that clomid and TI/IUI have a pretty decent cumulative success rate, so if that ends up being your path (I so hope it isn’t), there are a lot of happy endings that come from that combo. 

Post # 81
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Mind if I join you ladies?  I love the regular POAS boards, but I have to admit it stresses me out to see all the 1 cycle BFPs. I’m truly happy for those people, wouldn’t wish TTC struggles on anyone, but it makes me worry for myself. 

ROLL CALL!

Age / Partners age: 29/30

Baby no. : 2

Cycles TTC: 6 with an early miscarriage on cycle 2.

CD/DPO: Waiting for AF, should be here Saturday. 

TTC plan: Charting BBT and CM, OPKs

Undergone any tests to date: Going to get CD3 bloodwork done next week. 

Any known issues: No, but I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of worrying about poor ovarian reserve and/or early perimenopause. My cycles have gotten shorter over the years (used to be 34 now 30ish), my periods are light, I get the occassional night sweat, and I don’t get PMS symptoms anymore. I’m hoping it’s just my anxiety getting the best of me, and my CD3 bloodwork will put me out of my misery lol. 

How is everyone else doing this week?

Post # 82
187 posts
Blushing bee

@SweetCaroline89:  Just scrolling through the old posts–that’s excellent news that your RE thinks you just need to try a little longer! I’m sure she wouldn’t say that unless it’s almost certain you will eventually conceive. Fingers crossed the HSG helped this month!

Post # 83
187 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@snugs:  This was a few weeks ago now, but how’d your bloodwork turn out?

Post # 84
109 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@lakelady5:  tHanks I hope that’s the case too! Though I’m a little confused because when I pushed a little harder on my RE about DH’s poor morphology (3%) all of a sudden she was saying when we’re ready we could do a medicated IUI, which seems like a big jump from “just give it more time”. So I’m all confused. I have a 2nd opinion with a different RE on 3/18 and in the meantime we’ll just keep doing what we’re doing and hoping it eventually works again.

I really wouldn’t worry that you have DOR or are going into early menopause. The fact that you got pregnant recently, I think argues against that. But I know the feeling because as soon as I got my day 3 labs back I had a panic attack for 2 weeks straight before I could get in to see the RE. Hopefully you can get labs drawn and it’ll give you piece of mind! 

Post # 85
187 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@SweetCaroline89:  That is odd that she changed her tune when you pressed. I wonder if she just wanted you to know she wouldn’t refuse you treatment if that is what you really wanted (despite the fact that she thinks you will conceive naturally)? It will be interesting to hear what your second RE thinks. You had a baby a couple years ago, right? Do they say if it’s likely that the sperm morphology is a new development or if it was always like that?

Do youguys use softcups after sex?  It seems kind of quacky and nonscientific, but I’ve heard of many couples finally conceiving with those after months of trying. I haven’t tried them myself since I assume our issue is on my side, but I wonder if those could be helpful if borderline sperm is an issue?

At first, I took my miscarriage as a sign of healthy fertility. I figured we would quickly conceive again and there would be no problem. But now, several cycles later and still not pregnant, I’m starting to wonder if it is actually indicative of a poor ovarian reserve. I’ve gone down the Google rabbit hole and found many stories of people with DOR who conceive only to have an early miscarraige. Then struggle for months or years to get pregnant again, only to have another miscarriage, and on and on until they finally seek treatment and discover DOR. Really hoping that I’m just being paranoid. Tomorrow is CD3 bloodwork, so at least then I can either stop worrying or move quickly to treatment. 

Post # 86
187 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@dianaj17:  I just read in another thread–I’m so so sorry Bee. Sending hugs and fingers crossed you get your rainbow soon. 

If there is still a Facebook group? If so, I’d love to join. As it turns out, my AMH does indicate low ovarian reserve (1.1 at age 29). Trying to restrain myself from panicking😩… On the bright side my FSH and estradiol were normal at 6.8 and 34. Not sure why the discrepancy, but I’m definitely concerned about the AMH. The wait for a fertility consult is over 2 months, so I’m glad I got this ball rolling sooner rather than later. 

Post # 87
1957 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@lakelady5:  thanks for the love. I got a TON of sleep last night, which definitely helped me feel better today.

There are only two of us in the group, so I don’t even think I’ve looked at it! Anyone who is interested in it, PM me and I’ll get the invites out and we can get it going. I’m not sure I’ll be up for the regular POAS boards once we start trying again, so I definitely will be back here. The doctor said he suspects that the pregnancy was absorbed, since it wasn’t in (or out) of my uterus and I hadn’t really bled much at that point, which has been a blessing in a way…it’s just felt like a really shitty period, and everything should pass fairly quickly. We have my follow up on Wednesday, and I’m hoping that since it was so early, we get the go-ahead to begin again soon. They ran every blood test under the sun to make sure I was in good shape, and it was all great…my post-COVID issues are gone, so I think I should be fine physically. Emotionally, I guess we’ll see, but I know that that is a longer-term recovery process. 

Post # 88
187 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@dianaj17:  Glad you were able to rest last night. It had to have been hard being at your grandmas without your DH.

I sent you a message for the FB group 🙂   …I will also be on this board. I am still on the regular POAS board but I’ve been less and less active only because it’s stressful to see all the quick BFPs.  They send me into doom and gloom thinking: if a successful pregnancy hasn’t happened by now, then it never will.  Ugh, TTC sucks. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors