(Closed) 6 months til the wedding and we want to change it to a small private ceremony?

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
4239 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

It sounds like it wouldn’t be too difficult to rearrange things as stuff hasn’t been paid for.  But if you want to get married before July I guess you need to put your skates on lol.

I would speak to your parents first, explain what and why you are thinking this.  I’m sure they’ll understand, and if they don’t well, it’s your wedding not theirs.  But I think you need to decide how small you’re talking before parents get in there and say things like “so long as so-and-so is invited”

Have you sent out Save-The-Date Cards, if so, you’ll need to come up with a way of “letting people down gently”, politely explain that you’ve decided to have an intimate wedding instead.

***ETA If you haven’t sent out Save-The-Date Cards I don’t think there’s any need to “announce” it, but if you had an engagement party for example I would suggest having family spread the news.

The topic ‘6 months til the wedding and we want to change it to a small private ceremony?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors