(Closed) 6 months timeline. Help! :)

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1990 posts
Buzzing bee

Well, I only had 6 months to plan mine. Got engaged in Sept, getting married in april. So I’m doing everything in 6 months. HA!

Post # 5
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@engleman10513:  

I am getting married in August. After researching thousands of wedding timelines, I decided to create my own for budget and personal reasons.

My 6 month mark to-do list

• 2nd Deposit (50% down). Fiance and I are footing the bill
  • Create and Order Photo Guestbook with e-pics
  • Finish designing invites and all other stationary & make a final decision
  • Food tasting
  • Decide on cake,cake tasting, and put down deposit
  • Registry
  • Make canvases for reception hallway

Suggestions:

Get the major things taken care of first (venue, attire, food, rings), always remember the true purpose of the wedding day (it is wasy to become overwhelmed), and keep track of everything in an excel spreadsheet. 

Post # 6
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We still need to book our officiant — a task that I have been majorly procrastinating on because I am sooooo over meeting with vendors about wedding plans. Less big of a deal, but still very much a key to-do, is book a florist to make my bouquet, a hair/makeup person for me, and a cake baker. I also keep saying that I’m gong to jump on the exercise train, but I keep missing it!

Post # 7
348 posts
Helper bee

@SimplyKia:  We also ignored the traditional wedding timelines and to-do list.  We built our “to do” list from the ground up, which excludes a lot of the crap you find on traditional lists.

Post # 8
224 posts
Helper bee

I’m giving myself little deadlines. It’s been hard for me since I’m currently a graduate student. I graduate in May, so I told myself before graduation we need to lock down an officiant, caterer, and florist. We already have our venue, photographers, and DJ. Then in June we’re going to start with cake stuff and invitations.

That’s the simple “get these important things done” list. πŸ™‚ There’s still so much though….haha

Post # 9
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Fiance and I have a 18 mo. engagement…our 6 month was in January and in that month we ordered and mailed out Save-The-Date Cards, did our cake tasting and did our registry. I also made sure all of the Bridesmaid or Best Man ordered their wedding dress by this point.

Post # 10
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@FutureMrsLAL:  glad I am not the only one who built their own timeline AND who is procrastinating on booking an officiant! That should have been done like yesterday BUT I suppose there is always tomorrow!

Post # 11
54 posts
Worker bee

When I was at 6 months I just made sure I had the baby’s room ready and ate lots of feta. Me and my strange cravings hehehe

The topic ‘6 months timeline. Help! :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors