(Closed) 6 months to get a dress?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

If you buy from a store that sells samples, yes.  Where are you located?  I have a list of stores that sell samples..some are online, some are brick and mortar.  

Post # 4
1555 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Most bridal salons will actually let you buy a dress off of the rack. That’s what I did at DB. The dress fit me like a glove, so I bought it that day. & I am only having a 4 month engagement, so it can be done! I contacted other bridal salons in the area, and they also have dresses that you can buy off the rack, so you should just call them and ask. If you don’t need any alterations at all, you could take it home that day! For me, I have needed alterations, but it only took me about a month & a half to get the dress back. I actually just brought it home friday. 🙂

Good luck!

Post # 6
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You can take it home same day if you buy it off the rack. I bought mine on clearance off the rack and was able to take it home. They cleaned it and steamed it for me.

I would call salons in your area to see what your options are. Good Luck and happy dress hunting.

Post # 9
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I ordered my dress less than 6 months before my wedding without any issue, not a rush order, no extra charges.  I went to at least 5 different shops trying on dresses and was never told there would be an issue getting a dress in time.  My dress came in about 3 months after I ordered it, so don’t assume that you can’t order a dress at this point.  Many salons are willing to sell you samples off the rack as well.

Post # 11
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@S2013:  Mine was Watters, I don’t think getting a dress in 3-4 months will be that difficult, call some local bridal salons and get their opinions, I definitely think shipping the dress to Hawaii won’t be a huge deal either, if necessary.

Post # 12
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I purchased my dress from DB as well…. and less than 5 months before my wedding! I didn’t think I would find my dress from DB either and I AM a very picky person. I needed alterations done to it so I didn’t take it home that day. I will be picking up my dress Oct. 6th.

Post # 14
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@S2013:  Thats good to hear!

Post # 15
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@S2013:  Mine will only take 5 months to come in and I didnt rush order it or anything.  It’s a casablanca and from an average bridal store.  Also check for samples that you can buy off the rack!   check this out as well— you can order online http://www.bridepower.com/default.aspx

The topic ‘6 months to get a dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors