(Closed) 6 months to go – Fitness Friends?!

posted 5 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
755 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’ll join in if you send me some of those peanut butter balls. πŸ™‚

My plan is to run 3x week doing 3 miles each time. Doing core 5x a week. I would like to work in a weekly yoga class if I can make room in my budget for it. I eat fairly healthy but I have a massive sweet tooth. So I plan to try to only indulge on the weekends…except for Holiday gatherings…I don’t want to be rude! πŸ˜‰

how shall we keep track and motivate?

Post # 4
268 posts
Helper bee

I’m in! I dont want to lose weight but I do want to get eating healthier and train for a half marathon before the wedding!

What if we did weekly Team June 2013 Fitness Freinds check-in threads up until June?

We could post our work out goals, our diet goals for the next week and then say how we did on the previous week’s goals.

If we wanna go all out we could do a point system. Like, make 3 goals a week, and count how many minutes we exercise for the week. multiply the minutes by how many of the goals we acheived (0,1,2,3) and that is our score for the week? It wouldnt be competitive, just a fun motivator. But if people feel like it would be stressful, then we could skip it

Post # 5
341 posts
Helper bee

I would love to be part of this group, but I’m definitely not a mega-exercise person.  My goals would be to be more active in general (walking, etc.) in addition to getting to the gym sometimes.  I would LOVE to drop some weight, but I’m pretty realistic about not running a marathon any time soon.

I am not, nor will I be, anything like a size 0.  But if you guys are cool with that, I’m in!

Post # 6
1860 posts
Buzzing bee

Ooh!! Pick me too, I’m in!! πŸ™‚  I lost 25 pounds last year form December to April, but have slowly gained about 5 back.. I just need to get back in a routine and tone the heck up!! 

Post # 7
268 posts
Helper bee

@Sunnybrook:  Totally cool with me! I think it should always be about getting healthy and active. Taking walks regularly is *awesome*I think we should all just support each other in whatever goals we have

Post # 8
341 posts
Helper bee

@radishtime:  Awesome.  Can you tell I’m a bit sensitive about it?  πŸ™‚  I had a run-in with a trainer at my gym who insisted that all I can eat is unseasoned chicken breast and salad with no dressing if I want to lose any weight at all.  Literally.  And I keep running into those images of girls with their hipbones sticking out on Pinterest.  I’m not that girl.  I want to be the best me for my wedding, but that means something liveable and sane for me! 

So… I’m hoping to get back on board with Weight Watchers.  Anyone else?

Post # 9
335 posts
Helper bee

Me too! I’ve lost 30 + lbs in the last year using myfitnesspal but since getting back from Mexico a few weeks ago have been struggling to get back on track. I think a June bee fitness thread is a great idea!

Post # 10
398 posts
Helper bee

I would love to join, I’m looking to lose 20 lbs by June 1st!!!!

Post # 11
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Piney River Ranch

I’m looking to lose some fluff and tone up.  Started Beachbody’s ChaLEAN Extreme this week.  Not focused on lbs., but how I look and fit in clothes.  It’s helpful to take measurements and before/after pictures instead of relying on a scale πŸ™‚

Post # 13
1729 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve been a total waste of life since getting engaged (while eating our way through the Disney parks). I’m not going to torture myself through the holidays, but I have been bringing my breakfast and lunch to work, cooking at home at night, and really watching what I eat in general. I’ve already noticed a difference from this.

I’m going to start Couch to 5K in January with my FI; which will include walking/running 3X’s a week. Once I get to the 5K part (in 12 weeks) I’ll be running 5K’s #X’s a week on the reg. I figure that will help not only from the “sweating for the wedding” perspective, but also to clear my head and guarantee time with my Fiance, as I’m sure the wedding stress will be getting to us by that point.

Post # 14
341 posts
Helper bee

OK!  Here’s my progress report for today!

1. I am going to a Weight Watchers meeting at 6pm today.  Yay!
  2. Ate a healthy breakfast.  Yay!
  3. Ate a bad for me lunch.  Boo.
  4. Will go grocery shopping after my Weight Watchers meeting to ensure better preparation for future healthy lunches.  Yay!

Post # 15
705 posts
Busy bee

I definitly need to get on track… it just seems that motivation and i are not friends :/ Wish i could say that i love eating salad and working out everyday… but alas i do not. But i could def. use some support and a push to get more healthy before the big day!

Post # 16
1860 posts
Buzzing bee

My progress report:
1. Healthy breakfast and lunch. Yay!
2. Went to the gym today. Yay!
3. Only managed about 1.5 miles on the treadmill before I had to stop and walk. Boo.. I’ve totally lost my running mo-jo and need to get it back!

4. I’m going out for wings and beer tonight – Boo, but it’s my splurge for the week.

@ED13:  That would be great if you wanted to take on the weekly thread posting – it would be great to get organized, thanks!

The topic ‘6 months to go – Fitness Friends?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors