(Closed) 6 months to go – Fitness Friends?!

posted 7 years ago in June 2013
Post # 17
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I vote yes on the weekly thread!

My goal for today is getting rid of this migraine. yuck.

I will start with my real goals on Sunday or Monday…whenever the thread is started. πŸ™‚

Post # 18
65 posts
Worker bee

@ED13:  

ah we are date twins!!

I definatley want to be a part of this group! I work better with an almost everyday routine (even though sometimes its so hard to fine motivation!), and my friend gave me her Brazillian Butt workout dvd set. If anyone is look for a way to tone abs, thighs, and core this will work, but its intense.

I have never really been someone who works out, except that I used to cheer in school and ran a mile everyday with my dogs to keep somewhat in shape.

I would love if you bees help keep me accountable!

Post # 20
1860 posts
Buzzing bee

@ED13:  Love the graphic, it’s so true! 

No, my name is Erika.. but I’m glad to meet another person that spells Lynne the ‘right’ way! πŸ™‚

Post # 21
33 posts
Newbee

I’d like to join!  My my goal is to tone up/feel fit.  I’m planning on running a half marathon on May 4th and will definitely need some motivation to get from the couch to 13.1…

Post # 22
694 posts
Busy bee

I would love to join!! I am looking to shed 15+ pounds before my wedding on June 15th!!!

Weekly check ins will be great!

Looking forward to this journey with all of you!

Post # 23
292 posts
Helper bee

@phillybride61513:  i’ve started training on the treadmill for a RunDisney event in May.  I’ll be starting real road work in early March as it’s just too cold and dark here in Maine right now.  Good luck on your couch to 5k.

I’m hoping the running along with some Body Pump classes will get me in shape not only to run 5k’s but to lok awesome and feel good in all of 2013.

Post # 24
1729 posts
Bumble bee

@fivedogsrule:  That’s awesome! I want to do a running event in Disney sometime in 2014! We need to get through crazy wedding (expenses) year before we get back there though…it’s where we took our first ever vacation together, and where we were engaged this past May. You’re going to have a great time, that’s awesome motivation!

Post # 26
766 posts
Busy bee

@ED13:  

link the thread up when you put it up and tag me so I don’t forget. THANK YOU!!

Post # 27
3092 posts
Sugar bee

I would love to have some support too.  I am also in school, and sheesh is it hard to eat right when you’re stressin so bad. And getting to the gym…hah!

But I’m comitted to figuring out how to balance this all, come out sane, and looking fine on my wedding day.

Truth is I have no idea how these kind of threads work, how does a weekly thread work?  Do I search for it?  Will I get a message?  If someone can kindly explain then I’d be more likely to be able to follow-through.

Post # 28
1860 posts
Buzzing bee

@cafrinB:  I’m doing a half marathon at the end of April!! I really hate running outside in the winter (and we just got 6+ inches of snow here), so I’ll be doing most of my training inside – yuck! πŸ™‚

@icetea:  I’m not entirely sure how it works either, I just keep checking back on this thread.. 

Post # 29
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’d be up for joining too. I lost about 30 lb with myfitnesspal a few years ago and it has been creeping back up a little since last year. I really want to clean up my diet, do some strength training, and get back into running. I was doing about 15-20 miles a week last year (before I hurt myself) and want to build up to at least being able to do a 5k 3x a week by summer. 

@AlbertaLolita: (And anyone else who wants to do MFP) If you are looking for MFP buddies, send me a PM and we can link up!

The topic ‘6 months to go – Fitness Friends?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors