(Closed) 6 months today….full blown panic

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
1066 posts
Bumble bee

@Rrabbetsgirl:  It has gone fast hasn’t it? I make lists and tick them off when I am done…That helps me…Also a nice hot bath…:)

Post # 4
2440 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Rrabbetsgirl:  Breath! Then, bake some cookies. ๐Ÿ˜€

My 6th month mark is past by a couple of days. I had a bit of a weird feeling when I woke up, and only figured out why when I checked the calendar.

Make a list of what you have done, and what you have to do. Go through yrou to do list and write out how to accomplish each goal. You’ve got this! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
262 posts
Helper bee

@Rrabbetsgirl:  We are getting married on the same day!!  And yesterday, when I realized it was only six months away, I lost my breath and couldn’t focus at work.  We got engaged Sept 22 and these six months have FLOWN by.  What all do you still have to get done?  I still need the cake and the DJ, to buy the rest of the brides maids dresses, and to start with the grooms men attire.  Then, I can start working more on all the little details.  

Post # 6
855 posts
Busy bee

I’m a week off my 6 month mark, but I’m feeling very calm about it all.

We have our band, but we still need to sort out a DJ. I am going to look at chairs next week and we’re going bridesmaid shopping in 2 weeks.

Invitations are in the works, as is Jack’s suit!

6 months really is a long time, but try to do things NOW when you think of them. Don’t procrastinate. As soon as you think of something, email someone and arrange a date to meet (if you need to) get it in your diary and get it checked off that list.

And start all your DIY bits now. You’ll be glad you did.

Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
1105 posts
Bumble bee

You said it! This massive looming monster! I so know how you’re feeling as I feel the same way!! I thought I had it pretty under control but then I realised – SIX MONTHS TO GO – and looked at all that I still have to do, in light of how busy I am during the week, and just freaked out!

I have no idea about how to tackle the invitations. I feel too busy to make my own (decent looking) invitations yet the professionally made ones are way too expensive for our budget! 

I also had all these visions that our wedding would be so beautiful, enough to make those bridal magazines, but i just have no time or inspiration to make it so??? In some ways I wish we had enough money to pay a wedding planner so that she can do it all, but we just don’t. 

Good luck with your planning ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
1105 posts
Bumble bee

Oh and, my friend just went to this wedding the other day – and it was a whole day event. A Whole.Day.Event. As in, they got married in the morning, in a beautiful outside ceremony on a farm, they had all these guest activities (well thought out, expensive activities), a beautiful lunch, then a full on dinner – then a play, friends playing instruments, doing readings, group meditations, dancing… and apparently it was all so beautiful it belonged in a top bridal magazine. I feel like pushing those kinds of people off a cliff lol – where do they get their time to organise something like that??

The topic ‘6 months today….full blown panic’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors