(Closed) 6+ Months TTC – Part 35

posted 6 years ago in TTC
  • poll: What is ONE staple piece you must have in your closet?

A good pair of jeans

A pencil skirt

A favorite blouse

A versatile cardigan

A nice pair of shoes

Accessories!

Other

• Post # 4
    4673 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: Today I move on to my 10th cycle TTC, and 11 months since I started my journey

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD1

BFP Plan: This month i am loosing some serious weight.  My work is having a biggest looser competition and my goal is to loose 10 ibs before my next POAS date ( the competition goes until June 11th though).  I’m still going to keep up with my accupuncture.  Taking just about every supplement under the sun, or at least I feel like it.  I’ll start that tomorrow though.  

Known Issues: An early MC that ended just shy of 6 weeks in December (cycle 6), and know a CP during cycle 9.  So I guess I’m officially a member of the ever-depressing Multiple Miscarriages club.  

Link to Chart (if you care to share!):  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/auggiefrog  

For fun: Infertility is all consuming and challenging in ways both physical and emotional. Trying to see the light through the darkness: What, if anything, is a positive memory or silver lining/realization you will take away from your infertility journey?  That when I get pregnant, and when I become a mother, I will never take it, or my child for granted.  Even when I have the worst morning sickness, am in the heat of labor, have a rambunctious two year old whose only word is ‘No’, or have a teenager who is sneeking out at night, I will not take those moments for granted.  I will be the best mother that I can possibly be.  

Poll question:  There was a great info-gram map of the most imports per state.  Wisconsin’s was sweaters.  So, in that spirit…  yeah.  I have a lot of cartigans.  Multiple blacks and greys, a few in colors, and a few with strips.  And I really do need all of them.  

Post # 5
    4673 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    BeverlyGeese:  It looks like we are cycle buddies again, at least for the moment.  AF started for me early this morning.  I’m picking up some beer or booze or wine on the way home!  

Post # 6
    2188 posts
    Buzzing bee

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: 8

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD5

BFP Plan: Keep trying. And trying. And trying some more. Visit RE at a year mark (hopefully would need to cancel that appointment)

Known Issues: None. DH will have SA tested in a month.

For fun: Infertility is all consuming and challenging in ways both physical and emotional. Trying to see the light through the darkness: What, if anything, is a positive memory or silver lining/realization you will take away from your infertility journey?  I am a control person by nature. This experiences, unfortunately, is teaching me to let go and realize that one cannot plan for everything. It is rather hard. Also not taking things for granted. It is humbling experience  and makes me more compassionate towards other people, and realize that everyone has their own battles to fight in life.

Poll question:  I seriously need to re-organize my closet and get rid of things. I dont wear more than half of them. Shoes I say are not going anywhere though.

Post # 7
    2188 posts
    Buzzing bee

I had a quick question. I was browsing some ttc posts and seem to see a lot of people having an “unexplained” diagnosis from an RE under a year mark. If I understand correctly, up to a year ttc for a lot of couples is normal and some take longer than that average, but have no fertility problems. I am puzzled why do REs diagnose “unexplained” so soon. REs in my area don’t take new patients until ttc for at least a year, and if no issues are found, do not start treatments right away, but want to give it more time naturally.  Should it be ttc for at least a year and probably longer before that “diagnosis” can be made? If there are no other issues. I am asking because I am planning to go to an RE at a year mark to get testing done. If everything comes back fine- will it be an automatic “unexplained infertility” diagnosis. I guess I am petrified that word being used so relatively soon.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  solnishko1186.
    Post # 9
    2188 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    BeverlyGeese:  

Thank you for sharing your story. Your doctor sounds very understanding and pro-active. I hope your RE appointment goes well and he/she will be able to come up with a concrete plan and give some good insight into the situation.

I guess every doctor is different in ttc department. I go to a large Womens’ group (affiliated with a university and a great hospital in my area), but my doctor was never this pro-active. I have a regular cycle, had ultrasounds done for some ruptured cysts, but it was a hassle to get even progesterone tested to confirm ovulation (I finally did). Basically I was told that I am being unreasonably impatient and that it takes a couple “actively ttc” (in his opinion, meaning charting, opks and all, or not charting, but having unprotected intercourse at least 3 times a week”) on average a year, some even more. I asked to do more detailed blood work for me (like day 3 tests), hsg, and a SA for my husband and I was pretty much laughed out of his office with no tests ordered and was told to wait for a total of about two years before any investigation can be done. He basically told me that “he sees pregnant patients every day as his job, and sees many more women taking about a year of actively ttc to concieve, than woman who get KU after a month or so.” Basically, he made me feel like an impatient, ocd type patient and that I am wasting his time with this non-sense. I am by-passing the OBGYN and going directly to the RE at a year mark. Thankfully, that RE does not require a referral. I guess I am afraid if RE will take the same, laid-back, nothing to worry about approach and tell me to come back later. That would seriously be very infuriating. I am dragging my DH to the RE appointment as well, as he is “don’t worry about it, it will happen, nothing is wrong, I don’t want to jump into any treatments this soon” type of guy, so if RE validates his approach, I will be screwed. Sigh.

Post # 11
    1639 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: 13 cycles actively trying + 3 NTNP

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD16 and sometime toward end of may

BFP Plan: since my ovulation date varies and we tend to get exhausted… going to try BD every 3 or 4 days and when I think I’m closer to ovulation EOD. I stopped all supplements and temping this cycle. Preseed and acupuncture. 

Known Issues: absolutely none 🙁 . Every single test has been normal. Going to see a new RE on the 21st (2 weeks! )

Link to Chart (if you care to share!): not temping this cycle but http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/vanike

For fun: Infertility is all consuming and challenging in ways both physical and emotional. Trying to see the light through the darkness: What, if anything, is a positive memory or silver lining/realization you will take away from your infertility journey? that my body is healthy, everything appears normal and that I will never ever take the experience of being pregnant or my kid for granted. 

Poll question: I’m a jeans and tank top kind of girl

Post # 12
    2188 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    BeverlyGeese:  She sounds wonderful 🙂 Maybe I should switch to a female doctor, hopefully female will be able to relate more than a male doctor. For now, I will just “patiently” wait for our RE appointment (that I already made 5 months in advance…LOL. But hoping will get to cancel it). I guess 5 months will not make that huge of a difference in a long run, and RE will just do all the testing himself, since my gyno is refusing.

Yup, I was the one posting about hubby refusing to do a SA. But we have progress!! Whoop, Whoop. He agreed to the test, have an appointment end of May. That way RE can have results at the first consult and not waste time doing it. It was a huge pita to get my gyno to order a SA for DH. I had to plead with them, and “explain” that it is easy and cheap test and could save us some heartbreak later. He insisted it was way too soon. I finally got pissed, and said, our insurance is paying for it, why do you care, order the damn test. Grrrr. He told me, fine, he will order it, but go to RE next time and not to come to him for ttc issues. Great, that is what I wanted to do anyways.

Of course I never shared with DH how reluctant my doctor was to order the test and about ttc in general. My DH would totally use that against me, telling me I am an inpatient, crazy person. lol. I seriously hope RE will have more sense of urgency.

Post # 13
    826 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    solnishko1186:  Your gyno sounds ridiculous! I don’t think you’ll have an issue with the RE because that’s their job. It’s in their best interst to take new patients and help them get pregnant. 

Post # 14
    826 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: 9 cycles & months

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD9, still spotting for some weird reason. POAS at the end of May

BFP Plan: currently charting temp, using OPKs, taking folic acid, b6, RRL, and EPO

Known Issues: Went to an RE and had my estrogen and FSH tested – all normal. My husband had his SA this morning, no results yet.

Link to Chart (if you care to share!): http://fertilityfriend.com/home/jammer62

What, if anything, is a positive memory or silver lining/realization you will take away from your infertility journey? This is sort of a hard question at the moment. There really isn’t much of a silver lining, and I know I’ll still complain about morning sickness and labor ;). So I guess it’s good because it opened my eyes to infertility struggles and made me more empathetic to other people’s pain.

Poll question: When I did my capsule wardrobe, I ended up with something like 12 tank tops. I love tank tops! It means it’s finally warm here, and they’re great for layering even when it’s cool. I have some casual old navy ones and some fancy patterned blouse-like ones.

Post # 15
    2188 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    jammer62:  I thought so too.

Good luck with your DH’s SA. Hopefully his swimmers check out great. :-)) How long do you have to wait for the results? Did RE give you any “plan of action” so far, or just to wait for the test results?

The topic ‘6+ Months TTC – Part 35’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors