(Closed) 6+ Months TTC- Part 36

posted 5 years ago in TTC
  • poll: Which Of These Things Would You Like To Learn To Do?

Speak another language

Sew a pair of pants

Dance the waltz

Sing a song

Paint a landscape

Other

• Post # 3
    4998 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    auggiefrog:  I’m on my phone so I will roll call tomorrow. What is the poll question? It doesn’t show up.

Post # 5
    1986 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: Off BC since March 2014 NTNP, Actively trying since June 2014

CD/DPO/POAS date: Not sure?  I have been spotting the last week.  If this is my AF I’m on CD 6, if not I’m on CD79 🙁  Who knows.

BFP Plan: Ultrasound next Tuesday to confirm PCOS

Known Issues:  Long cycles, possibly PCOS

Question: If you had a time machine, what time and where would you go? Time AND Space, or just time?  Because I have two very different answers…

Poll Question: Another language…but I’m terrible with languages so I would need a genie to grant me a wish.

Post # 7
    4998 posts
    Honey bee

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: This is the 9th month, but I don’t think I’ve ovulated this whole time.

CD/DPO/POAS date: N/A

BFP Plan: Natural methods didn’t work, so we have RE appointments next week, DH gets a sperm analysis, we will try either a Clomid extended protocol or LH+FSH injections. 

Known Issues: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, but my LH and FSH are normal and I’m not responding to the normal methods of treating it (less exercise and gaining weight)

Question: If you had a time machine, what time and where would you go? Hmmm this is tough! I would say back 7 years ago and I’d never start running so maybe I wouldn’t have this problem. But on a lighter note, I love reading historical fiction from the early 1900s, so maybe sometime around then. 

Poll Question: I don’t see any options, but something I’ve always wanted to learn was how to use a sewing machine. It would be awesome to never have to pay for alterations! 

Post # 8
    2427 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: 12 Cycles

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD 1 – Never thought I would be excited to say this, but YAY! IUI #1.

BFP Plan: This is our first IUI cycle  Femara CD3-7, trigger + IUI, progesterone and baby asprin after O. I will continue to take my prenatals and b-complex, and time BD until my trigger shot (then we have to abstain for DH to give his sample on IUI day).

Known Issues: LP Defect and 1 chemical pregnancy during cycle 6.

Question: If you had a time machine, what time and where would you go? I really have this crazy obsession with feeling like I have been born into the wrong era. I would love to go back to the 50’s because I feel like that time was so ever changing and that would be cool to see. 

Poll Question: I chose another language! I just wish it would not require too much work..ha!

Post # 9
    2427 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    accorn:  I like your new avatar!

View original reply
    auggiefrog:  Thanks for starting the new thread! I hope it brings you the best of luck.

View original reply
    RunnerBride13:  Your RE appointment is so soon – I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way that it goes better than anticipated.

I’m on CD 1 over here, going to call the RE in a little bit to set up my first monitoring ultrasounnd for Saturday. I have been kind of reeling in this LP Defect stuff – for one, it means we aren’t technically “unexplained” anymore. But I brought my concerns up to my OBGYN back in February and she totally dismissed them because my progesterone was 13.6. When I started googling it last night, the four main “symptoms” of LP defect are: (1) more frequent periods, (2) miscarriage, (3) difficulty getting pregnant, and (4) spotting between periods. I have EVERY SINGLE ONE of those! Luckily, everything I have read says the protocol for treatment is clomid/femara + trigger shot, and progesterone. I REALLY hope this does the trick. I am bumming over here thinking sperm may have met the egg multiple times but because of ^ we never implanted more than once.

Post # 10
    217 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: since November  

CD/DPO/POAS date: CD 12!! Should be ovulating within the next few days.

BFP Plan: I am going to my OBGYN today for follicle check after finishing my first round of clomid. I am SO excited since this feels like the first month in the 7 that we’ve been trying that feels “real”. As long as my follicles are nice and plump! we will be ready to BD! since starting the clomid we’ve been BDing EOD. After today though i think we will BD ED. I am still trying to maintain a healthy weight, I keep fluctuating back and forth between my healthy weight and 1-2 pounds in the “overweight” category for my height and taking a prenatal everyday. 

Known Issues: Im not sure of what my issues are, my ovaries are indicative of PCOS but I’ve never been actually diagnosed and my doctor is just set on getting me pregnant and not worrying about an actual diagnosis.

Question: If you had a time machine, what time and where would you go? 

I would travel to all of the ancient civilizations, starting with Egypt. It has always been my favorite ancient civilization. I’d make my way to Rome and Greece. I’d also love to visit 1800 UK, I read a lot of books geared in that time period and I am fascinated by it all! 

Poll Question: 

I chose to learn another language. I would love to learn every language! I was always good at picking up languages, I learned Spanish in school and dabbled in other languages on my own. Nothing has ever stuck since I never kept up with it, but to have the opportunity to do so would be an amazing opportunity. 

Post # 11
    4998 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    BeverlyGeese:  Thanks!! I have a feeling your plan is going to work pretty quickly 

View original reply
    KatEmmaMarie:  I know how you feel about trying not being “real.” I don’t really even feel like we have tried since I haven’t ovulated. Of course I kept thinking I would, but no dice.

Post # 13
    1022 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Roll Call!

Cycles/Months TTC: Cycle 8

CD/DPO/POAS date: I’m pretty sure I’m 2dpo, waiting on crosshairs to confirm! I’m going to try REALLY hard to not test until I’m late this cycle. I figure the days of depression that comes from days of BFNs is not worth it to know a few days earlier if I am pregnant. So, POAS date is Wednesday the 17th, 1 day late.

BFP Plan: Charting, OPKs, PreSeed, Prenatals, Clean eating and exercise, BD at least EOD.

Known Issues: None. I’m definitely going to talk to my obgyn during my annual in about 6 weeks if I’m not pregnant by then. Hopefully then we can start some testing or refer me to an RE.

Question: If you had a time machine, what time and where would you go? I’m a over the top worrier. I’d love to see the future and see that everything is OK. I worry so much (like, sometimes I don’t sleep) about things like retirement, my husband’s safety (he’s a cop), my daughter and future kids. I’d love to look at a snapshot of us in like 40 years and see that everyone is safe, alive, and OK. I don’t want to see the journey and everything that happens on our way to that moment, just something to give myself reassurance that I don’t have to be psycho anxious about everything. Side note- prior to having my daughter I was not the anxious type at all. I developed horrible post partum anxiety (and some depression) and it’s still with me. I controlled it with meds, but I weaned myself off of them while TTC. I’m hoping somehow this next pregnancy/birth will turn this anxiety switch “off” and I can live like a normal person again.

Poll Question: Definitely a language! It makes me sad because I used to speak multiple languages, but I completely forgot them. I took Spanish throughout high school and was pretty fluent by the time I was out of high school. I also lived in Italy for awhile and learned Italian while I was there. I can’t put together a full sentence of either language these days. 

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes for my Father-In-Law. He spoke to his oncologist yesterday, and after more thought about treatment, he decided he will do the chemo. We are relieved and praying for a miracle. I’m 2 dpo today. I’m really hoping we’ll have some good news and another grandbaby for him to fight for!

View original reply
    BeverlyGeese:  YAY for your IUI cycle!! I’m sorry about the frustration with your LP and your doctor not taking the concern seriously. I would be very annoyed. I have my fingers crossed so hard that this is it for you!

View original reply
    KatEmmaMarie:  Fingers crossed the clomid does the trick! I totally understand the feeling that you were never really trying before. I try to tell myself I’ve only really been trying 3 cycles since that was when I started temping and maybe we weren’t hitting my fertile days before. As if that makes it any better and these past 8 months less sucky.

Post # 14
    2427 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    GingerBaby:  
    View original reply
    auggiefrog:  
    View original reply
    RunnerBride13:  Thank you!!! I am just so surprised because I never looked in depth at the lp defect..I just assumed it was progesterone related. Turns out there are a lot of reasons for lp defect (high prolactin being one!) And that it accounts for like 3-5% of infertility. Everything just makes sense now given my light, short af and cycles that involve days of spotting. SO I am excited and just like 
    View original reply
    KatEmmaMarie:  said, it finally feels like we are actually trying.

Also – I picked up my meds (just the femara and progesterone) and they were only $10! The femara was free! Trigger shot will be about $80, so I am ecstatic about the low cost of medication.

Post # 15
    217 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
    RunnerBride13:  
    View original reply
    GingerBaby:  
    View original reply
    BeverlyGeese:  

yeah it’s so rough when you’re body just isn’t doing what is normally supposed to happen! For 6 months I just never got my period and it was so frustrating. 

Thats so exciting that the meds were super cheap! I was so nervous the clomid would be expensive and it ended up only being 17 dollars. Our next step if the clomie doesn’t work are injectables so I’m hoping I’m lucky and they won’t be astronomical. 

The topic ‘6+ Months TTC- Part 36’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors