(Closed) 6+ Months TTC – Part 8!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
  • poll: Have you added the "PP" (aka JHoll's favorite...) to your TTC repertoire?

YES!

Not yet, but I am planning on it

No, and I am not sure I will

I can't figure out how to do it...

• Post # 47
    5592 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

• Name: sapphiresun
    • Chart?:  I don’t temp due to crazy shift work schedule just track cm and various symptoms
    • Cyle #/TTC since…:  august 2011, but with 55 day plus cycles, so cycle 5
    • Issues?: PCOS.  Likely annovulatory.  
    • New tricks for Part 8?:  We’re far too chatty so nothing new since part 7.  Still waiting on test results and appointment booked to discuss April 19. 
    • I will test: cd28 is April 24, or 13 days after whenever I get a positive opk. Then every 7 days after that if I have another marathon cycle. 
    • How will you tell DH when you get your BFP: He’s usually around when i test and waiting just as anxiously 
    • Your plans for the tww: I’m hoping to actually pin point when that actually is this month and Resist the urge to burn through my wandfos.

Congrats to mrsmenow. I was hitting reply like a crazy woman trying to post on a closed thread. Happy an healthy nine months to you!

And I’m one of the “I don’t understand”s for jhololler’s pp. I thought I read she was facedown and feet flat on the floor which had me totally mystified as to those particular acrobatics. 

Post # 48
    375 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

• Name: Silver
    • Chart?:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/383c30
    • Cyle #/TTC since…:  TTC since July/Aug 2011, cycle #10
    • Issues?: None that we know of
    • New tricks for Part 8?:  Same as from part 7 doing AP, taking herbs
    • I will test: Trying to wait until 12DPO/April 20, which is day of my missed period
    • How will you tell DH when you get your BFP: I will likely test in morning when DH is around.
    • Your plans for the tww: Just do my usual routine, keep up excercise and yoga

Post # 49
    5592 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

@bunny:  Ive definitely heard that bcp canhelp with ovariancysts too.  If your dr doesn’t feel like going on and off is stressful to your system then I think it could be a good idea. 

Post # 50
    3786 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@septcabride:  I LOVE that idea for telling your husband. Seriously loveeeee it.

Post # 51
    928 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

@septcabride:  snark-tastic  — I would definitely fall into this category too.  Sarcasm is my first language. And I am totally with you on the exagerated list of no-no’s for PG women.  It’s a little much.  We may as well never leave the house for 10 months. Soon we’ll be able to buy a pregnancy bubble, it would sell like hot cakes.

View original reply
    apphireSun:  ‘face down’ , I love that we don’t even try to make things sound polite anymore, we’re just like, ‘So, exactly where do I rest my left leg and do I need to do any heavy breathing?’ πŸ˜‰

Post # 52
    2070 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

@SapphireSun:  Think of it as the easiest position every for you.  You just fold over and lay down on the bed (but feet still on floor).

DH and I don’t actually HAVE sex anymore.  Well we did once or twice over Spring Break.  We are just so darn tired of it!  (And then when we do, we’re like, “This is good.  Why don’t we do it more often?”)  Oh well.

My baseline ultrasound is tomorrow.  I’m hoping I get to just jump right in right away!  

Post # 53
    680 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@SapphireSun:  i can’t stop laughing about your “face down”. i’m just picturing face and feet both flat on the ground… hahaha… that would never work for me πŸ˜‰ but i don’t think that was how it works. maybe jholler can draw as a picture for better understanding… lol.

View original reply
    @septcabride:  love the card that you kept for so long. does he know about it? i mean has he ever seen it?

View original reply
    @ecomaha:  honestly i’m not worrying about makeup and other products at all. i mean there are already so many other things we are trying to avoid just because we are ttc. enough is enough. i love my stuff and i don’t want to give it up. but i’m only using very light basic products. and i’ve never had any problem with acne or whatsoever.

i made a little summary for our testing dates. there is def potential for a number of BFP before we move on to part 9. i’m sure i missed a few. so just let me know and i’ll update.

• Around April 17 – septca
    • Around April 19 – sunshine1810
    • Around April 20 – Silver1
    • Around April 21 – ecomaha & elchalten
    • Around April 24 – SappireSun
    • Around April 30 – missMaine

Post # 55
    1788 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@eomaha: lol!!! You’re so right!!!

@sapphiresun: It’s feet on the ground, bent over the side of the bed w/upper body lying on bed. It’s like you’re standing right next to the bed, facing it, and then just bend over so that your upper body is lying boobs down/head down on the bed. It gives your butt just a little lift towards the ceiling, bc it’s a tiny bit angled upwards. I kind of think the upward butt angle, combined w/him being able to basically touch the cervix, combined with the fact that the cervix is open, is why it can be helpful. The swimmers come out and it’s such deep penetration that they’re right next to the cervix, and your butt is tilted up slightly so maybe that helps “lead” them?

Mrsmenow had a pretty good variation, doggy style but instead of holding herself all the way up on her hands, she went down on her elbows for the same “butt tilted up” effect.

Post # 56
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@elchalten:  Good idea!! πŸ™‚

Post # 57
    2023 posts
    Buzzing bee

@septcabride:  Haha, nope! I don’t drink at all. The last and probably one time I did was our wedding. And let me tell you, I threw them back… but still had no hangover. Can’t say the same for DH even though I drank more than him. He was puking from 2AM all through the next day πŸ™‚ Haha, anyways, it makes for an easy TWW (and pregnancy!) for me!

Post # 58
    1788 posts
    Buzzing bee

@septca: I love that you have kept that card for so many years:) You’re so cute!!! That is an awesome way to tell him:)

Post # 59
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@jholler25:  I did the Missmenow variation so hopefully I’ll get a BFP too πŸ™‚  You’re almost the Dr. Ruth of the group πŸ˜‰

Post # 60
    1604 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

@septcabride:  I have been really anti-BCP because I was having cycles in 2009 before I went on it. I was on the pill (YAZ, I think) for a few months, then switched to Nuvaring for about 4 or 5 months. Then I decided I was tired of hormones (and I was super baby crazy) so I went off and that was when we started NTNT.

My cycles never got back to normal! After my initial withdrawal bleed, It took 2 full months before I had another period, and then I was bleeding lightly every 2 weeks for 7-10 days at a time. Then I got a cervical polyp removed in Jan 2011 and we started TTC and I’ve been period-less without meds ever since.

But honestly, I KNOW my lack of period has more to do with my weight (about 50lbs overweight) than it does with taking BCP. When I lost 25lbs last spring, my cycle started to come back and I actually surged on my own (no ovulation though). Too bad I gained the weight back since starting fertility treatments. πŸ™ And I was cycling, albeit irregularly, from 2007-2009 when I weighed 20-40lbs less than I do right now. That’s PCOS for ya.

The topic ‘6+ Months TTC – Part 8!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors