(Closed) 6+ Months TTC – Part 8!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
  • poll: Have you added the "PP" (aka JHoll's favorite...) to your TTC repertoire?

YES!

Not yet, but I am planning on it

No, and I am not sure I will

I can't figure out how to do it...

• Post # 107
    928 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

Nothing exciting going on over here.  Just in the boring stages of the TWW πŸ™‚  Trying to stay distracted and I’m SO thankful the weekend is (almost!) here.  The weekend is so much easier than during the week!  I intentially planned myself a busy week for next week hoping the time will go by quicker πŸ™‚  Here is my uneventful chart for now –

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34511a

TGIF πŸ™‚

Post # 108
    375 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@Mrs. Bonnie Blue:  So sorry I hope you get bfp and your take home baby very soon!

View original reply
    @JaneyD:  and @MsFarmer your pups are so freaking cute!! It has always worried me I find furbabies cuter than kids! Don’t get me wrong I love babies of all kinds but its the cuteness factor Im afraid I won’t be a good mom πŸ™ !! Hoping when I have my baby it will different as he/she is mine.

Post # 109
    1859 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

Just stopping by to say HI! 

Thinking of you ladies.

Post # 111
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@septcabride:  Isn’t it AMAZING how little we knew and how we thought just one time unprotected and ‘BAM!’ we’d be pregnant.  Oh how silly I was!  Had I known it would be this hard I would have ditched the pill a long time ago!  πŸ™‚

Post # 113
    280 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@septcabride:  No worries.  Running Elley was nice enough to clue me in and I spread the info the best I could to those of us who didn’t get it πŸ™‚  The days of innocence…I do miss them…and I only know a fraction of what many of you guys know! 

Post # 114
    1788 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@septca: Agreed. I know way too much. I wake up to emails with such titles as “Are you sure your lubricant is sperm-friendly?” (Beth Kiley tips on getting pregnant), or the ever-lovely “Enter to win free cord-blood banking!” (The Bump)… 2 years ago I would have been like “What the hell are they talking about?”

Although when I read the one from the bump I did think “What the hell kind of contest is that?!? Weird!!!!”

Post # 115
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@septcabride:  True in your position!!  It’s just so hard to know what the future is going to hold – or I guess was hard to know when we were younger bc medicine just hadn’t quite gotten to that point yet for our moms/grandmas.  Or I guess, for the majority of people it hadn’t.  Our families don’t know we’re TTC but my mom randomly just told me a few months ago that he was one month from going to Denver (a few hours from her at the time!) to see an RE when she got PG with my sister.  They had been trying for 3 years.  AND my grandma told me that when she had my dad and aunt/uncle she used the same fertility meds they gave the cattle!  WOW!  I bet those were some strong meds – I’m surprised she didn’t end up with triplets each time! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 116
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@jholler25:  That just made me laugh out loud – anyone that wasn’t TTC would think that was down right asinine, me, I just find it humorous. 

Post # 117
    5592 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

@septcabride:  Fair enough.  My mom knows we’re TTC and I jokingly get mad at her for scaring the crap out of me all through highschool that one time, even protected, because all protection can fail, would pretty much guarantee I’d get KU.  FALSE apparently.

Post # 118
    2670 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 1999

@chrispygal:  Thanks so much!

View original reply
    @ecomaha:  Tested again this am and defiantely darker. There is a good possibilty that I will pee on a stick everyday for a while:)

View original reply
    @septcabride:  i saw that thread and thought that might be what you were talking about. I honestly think instead of sex ed they should be teach “body knowledge” I think it would serve women better to know how their body really works instead of just thinking you get a period each month and that is it, there is so much more to it.

Post # 119
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@ieatunicorns:  Yea!  That is so exciting!  And I don’t blame  you – I would test every day too πŸ˜‰

Post # 121
    1092 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@ieatunicorns:  Woohoo!  I’m glad the line was darker this morning!!  I’m still so happy for you this morning and grateful that you brought BFP to us in Part 7! πŸ™‚

View original reply
    @septcabride:  I still can’t believe how little I knew regarding TTC when we first started.  I was like ecomaha —>  “how we thought just one time unprotected and ‘BAM!’ we’d be pregnant.”  In my mind, I had already figured out for my maternity leave to start 9-10 months after the wedding and how much money we would have saved up then (because I’m planning on being a Stay-At-Home Mom afterwards).  Haha.  We’re not even pg yet!

View original reply
    @ecomaha:  Really??  The same fertility meds they give cattle?  Wow!  I’m sure I can get my hands on some of those.  My Father-In-Law has cattle, but it might be a bit awkward explaining why I want them! LOL  One thing that is comforting is that both your Mom and Grandma took some time to conceive, but they both went on to have more than one child.  That should mean good things for you!

My Mom had no troubles whatsoever in conceiving the six of us and I think my older sister is like my Mom.  She’s due with her fourth in a couple weeks.  I’m thinking I might be more like Mom’s sister.  It took her and her husband 4 or so years for their first baby without any meds or intervention.  After that though, they went on to have six more (so a total of seven!) so once things started working, they worked really well!

And yes, so happy for a Friday!  I only work until noon today so it’s going to be a short morning. Yay!

View original reply
    @panterapeach:  You are always so sweet to keep popping in!  We hadn’t been trying too long when you got pg, but I knew your story and I remember crying at my desk when you posted about your BFP.  πŸ™‚  So happy for you.

View original reply
    @Mukmuk:  Like Jag’s, ours is an outside dog.  We’ve been talking about a puppy for a long time now, but I really didn’t want to get one until I was on mat leave/at home full time but since it’s taken longer than we thought, we decided to go ahead with it anyways.  Summer is a good time because I work slightly shorter hours in the summertime, so I won’t be gone quite as long everyday.  Also DH will be at home more with farming during the summer months.  DH’s parents and brother live close by as well, so I know they will pop over occasionally to check up the puppy.  Our little girl will have our big older dog (who’s about 14) to spend the day with outside.  Then I can give her love and attention before I go to work in the morning.  We wanted to get a puppy while our older dog is still around, because she is the perfect dog, so we’re hoping the puppy will model some of her behaviours! 

View original reply
    @elchalten:  We are twins! DH hasn’t been back since he was six, so he will have a lot of relatives to visit while we are over there!  Different aunts and uncles and his Oma have come to visit in Canada quite a few times, and we just found out yesterday that another aunt and uncle are flying here for a couple weeks this summer!

View original reply
    @JaneyD:  I remember you posting about your furbaby!  She is ridiculously cute!  πŸ™‚ She’s grown a lot too.

View original reply
    @Wispy:  &
    View original reply
    @gingersnap25:  Thank you!  I hope I don’t squeeze her to death when we pick her up.  I am over the moon excited!!

View original reply
    @Mrs. Bonnie Blue:  You most definitely belong here.  Kudos to you, lady.  You amaze me with your positivity and strength.

The topic ‘6+ Months TTC – Part 8!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors