(Closed) 6+ Months TTC – Part 8!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
  • poll: Have you added the "PP" (aka JHoll's favorite...) to your TTC repertoire?

YES!

Not yet, but I am planning on it

No, and I am not sure I will

I can't figure out how to do it...

• Post # 122
    1092 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@septcabride:  I haven’t seen the commercial but I call BS too.  They forgot to mention that your body can’t tell the difference between pg and AF symptoms!!

Post # 123
    928 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

Ugh.  My skin is breaking out so bad!  I don’t know if it’s the Clomid or what but this is NOT cool. 

Post # 124
    1092 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@ecomaha:  My skin has been AWFUL this month too!  It was pretty bad during my TWW and it’s still freaking out at CD4.  I haven’t had skin breakouts like this in ages.

Post # 125
    280 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Hi Girls…finally some decent news for us – husband’s boys (SA) look good and my FSH is slightly elevated – I totally expected it to be off the charts since my other results sucked big time, so slightly was a surprise. It is a little victory, but after 14 cycles I will take it.  It has picked up my spirits a bit, which was greatly needed.  Next up, HSG on Tuesday… Looks like we are heading for IUI.  Thanks for letting me share 🙂 

Post # 126
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@gingersnap25:  That is good!  Hopefully you’ll get more good news after the HSG!! 🙂 

Post # 127
    1037 posts
    Bumble bee

Cross Posted:

Not a great day at the IF clinic. they had issues getting my blood drawn. It took 4 sticks. One girl tried twice, than another girl once. My veins kept moving. they than had me do my ultrasound first and meet with the nurse. I had to hose more wter down even though I had drank a lot before I went. Finally after my consult they had me lay down and were able to get my blood. thank heavens I was working from home today.

My ultrasound still showed four follies on the left side, the side that there worried has a blockage. One of the follies on the right is 16 I think they said, so fingers crossed.

I’m supposed to hear back later today if I trigger tonight or not.  They could have me wait another day and take more Gonal-F tonight.  If  don’t Trigger tonight, it’s more blood-work and ultrasound tomorrow. Ugh.  My poor veins can’t take anymore.  If I do trigger I don’t know if will be IUI on Sunday or Timed Intercourse. If the right side follicle doesn’t get where they want it we will switch to timed intercourse. They say it’s to save money, but is it really to save the clinic stats?

We got my Gonal-F shot set up correctly with a minor mishap, a bent needle, luckily I was able to use one from another box and I got a replacement this morning. The shot burned and I got a bit light headed afterwords. I think it was nerves. I fell asleep on the couch after my shot. I have a little bit of bruising, maybe I’ll ice first next time.

Post # 128
    928 posts
    Busy bee

@kayakgirl73:  Ugh!  I’m sorry you had such a rough appointment!  Hopefully that follie will get nice and big for trigger & IUI!!

Post # 129
    1037 posts
    Bumble bee

Good news I think. My follicle on the right side is up to 16.7, so were doing nothing tonight so hopefully the follicle on the right catches up to the larger one on the left.  We are triggering with Orvidel Saturday night, with IUI Monday morning. 

On a not great note my linning is a bit thin so I need to start using Estrace after my trigger shot. Than after the IUI I add in Prometrium.

Too Much Information alert both are used  as  suppositories. One is blue and the other yellow, so they said be prepared for green discharge. Lovely, my husband won’t want to come near me.

Post # 130
    280 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@kayakgirl73:  Yay, for the good news!!!  I will be keeping my fingers crossed for your right follie to follow suit!

Post # 131
    Bee
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Bleeeeeep. I wish this IVF process was faster. That is all. Feeling impatient today.

Post # 132
    932 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2010

@kayakgirl73:  That is good news about your follicles. Hope all goes well Monday with your IUI. 

View original reply
    @jaguar:  so sorry, Jag. I wish the whole process only took a week or so. Wouldn’t that be lovely? Hoping all goes well with your tummy jabs.

Well, we’re currently trying to decide between IUI and monitored cycles with timed intercourse. I think we’re going with the second option for three cycles, and then from there we will reevaluate. Has anyone else done unmedicated monitored cycles? Blood tests and ultrasounds four or five times? Just looking for some input.

Post # 133
    Bee
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

@redsmarties:  I haven’t, but wish I’d done it sooner. Might have saved us the hassle of waiting and hoping each month. It’ll give you a good idea of what your body is doing, before you jump into medical stuff?

Thanks! I know it’ll go quickly, I just feel like it’s SO SLOW.

Post # 134
    789 posts
    Busy bee

@kayakgirl73:  Glad you got some better news today. 

View original reply
    @redsmarties:  I’m doing monitored clomid cycles. Hopefully this one will be the only one. I’m doing 3 separate blood tests and follicle ultrasounds. And I was told at my appt to BD last night and tonight. 

Seduction part 2. Lol

Post # 135
    932 posts
    Busy bee

@Wispy:  It’s so romantic, isn’t it? I hate when the docone hands you a schedule. DH loves it- he knows he’s guaranteed sex lol

Thoughts and prayer tonight, ladies, I’m writing from the hospital where I justa checked in my hubby. He’s having serious stomach pains, and it’s frightening because his dad just passed away from pancreatic cancer 6 months ago. I think he will be fine, but we’re worried.

Post # 136
    1037 posts
    Bumble bee

@redsmarties:  Hope it’s nothing serious with your DH. Hugs and prayers.  Thank you for your encouragement.

View original reply
    @Wispy:  Thanks. I did one unmonitored Clomid cycle which might have been a waste. I think a monitored cycle or two could yield some good info especially if your not racing the age clock.

View original reply
    @redsmarties:  Thank you.

View original reply
    @jaguar:  I hear you IVF must be excruciatingly slow, the IUI process is bad enough.

View original reply
    @gingersnap25:  Thank you.

All of you ladies give me great encouragement and are my lifeline. Thank you.

The topic ‘6+ Months TTC – Part 8!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors