(Closed) 6+ Months TTC — Part 9

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 377
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Mukmuk:  Very well said…thanks for the reminder about that board, I am going to head over there while I eat lunch!

View original reply
@dagret:  Thanks…a little home remedy seems to have killed the pain for the time being.  Good luck with your IUI…fingers are crossed for you!!!  Keep yourself busy these next two weeks!

Post # 378
2070 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@dagret:  I’m glad your IUI went well!  My husband was only there for one of mine.  It was weird, but this whole process just gets less and less romantic!  (But seeing our embryos was VERY romantic.  That’s the one thing we “get” that the non-IVFers don’t.

Post # 379
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@Mukmuk:  Thank you. I’m glad it made you laugh. This process sucks so much you’ve got to find the ridiculousness in it. Also, when I realized what they were doing, I did a speedy mental run-through of all the husbands in the waiting room with me. Even scarier.  haha.

View original reply
@JaneyD:  That’s true. RE: romantic…i was thinking that exact thought on Wednesday when my husband gave me my trigger shot. But then, it’s like another level of responsibility. Made us feel more…partner-y? I don’t know how to explain it.

In all of the things that are so terrible about infertility, I’ve got to say that there are positives. I really think this whole process has made us closer as a couple.

And the HCG shot gave me super-libido, so there’s that.

Post # 380
2070 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@dagret:  Us too, definitely.  

Post # 381
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@dagret:  I hear you on the conceiving without DH being present. It was rather weird, at least my DH was able to come and be in the waiting room. They did have us BD two nights before and the night and night after the IUI so who knows whether it was the IUI or the BD that actually worked.

IF  treatment takes so many of the normal things away, like I wasn’t able to tell my husband in a special way I just blurted it out,  on the phone, after I got the results of the beta since we were both on pins and needles about the beta.

View original reply
@JaneyD:  I hope hope you get your BFP. Prayers.

Post # 382
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@lilybugg78:  12dpo is a good day to test. You are strong. You can do it.

View original reply
@redsmarties:  
View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  Good luck to both of you!

View original reply
@dagret:  FX that this will be it! I really think this whole process has made us closer as a couple. Same here, no doubt.

Ahh, I was in such a good mood until a girl I met through a different forum sent me an email. We’ve been emailing back and forth for a while now. She’s a really cool lady. She is almost 6 weeks pregnant now. They have been trying for 10/11 months. While I’m really happy for her that it finally happenend she made a comment in her email that hurt a lot. “She can’t believe that they are finally becoming a true family” Seriously?! I don’t get how people forget so quickly what comments hurt the most. DH and I might be only a family of two right now. But aren’t we still a true family? 

Post # 383
932 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@elchalten:  I think that one bothers me the most. OF COURSE a family of two is still a family!! Everyone always asks “Oh, when are you going to start your family??” I’m like…Uh, two years ago, when we got married? I’m so sorry that she was so unthinking. That’s not fair.

Post # 384
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@dagret:  I really think this whole process has made us closer as a couple.  Without a doubt!!!

View original reply
@elchalten:  100% you are a true family 🙂  You know I think that …  So sorry her comment hurt you…{{{HUGS}}}

Post # 385
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

All right. While were on the topic of everybody and their dog having babies… just saw a Facebook post from a guy I semi-know announcing the birth of his son “Ca$h”.  Anybody know of you’re actually allowed to use “special” characters in a legal name?  I really hope the $ was just for Facebook purposes…

Post # 386
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@redsmarties:  Uh, two years ago, when we got married? Love, love, love this comment. I’m so going to include this in my response. Thanks! This might be smile!

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  Seriously? I hope this is not his real name. Poor boy!

Post # 387
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hey ladies, hopefully some of you are still around before the weekend. I know I haven’t posted in a while (on my lovely break!) but I had a question and need some opinions.

Has anyone ever heard of getting AF on a failed Clomid cycle? I didn’t O this cycle on Clomid but I am getting pink-tinged spotting when I wipe all day today, which is always how AF starts out for me. I also have the cramping/grossness to go along with it, so she’s on her way. Today’s CD30 so it would be the correct time as well.

Just strikes me as odd, as I never get AF on my annovulatory cycles. I’m not really sure what my question is – guess I just wanted some input!

Post # 388
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@MrsMaine:  this hasn’t happened to me on a Clomid cycle, but it has on numerous non-medicated cycles. it has never made any sense to me either, but you can definitely get AF without an O. aaand that kind of rhymes 🙂

Post # 389
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MissMaine: I am new to clomid but I thought it was to grow follicles but then hcg shot was to trigger O? Or did you already try that? I also remember reading on a board that clomid can delay O so maybe you O’d later than usual.

Just popping in to say we are way past due on BFPs here so Good Luck ladies sending tons of sticky baby dust!!

In my last u/s the doc saw one mature follie in left ovary and another possibly in my right side so hoping for O soon and begin my tww!!

Post # 390
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

So, I asked for a referral to a new ob/gyn because my current one is located almost two hours away in the area I used to live. Do any of you guys ever look at rate my md before seeing a new doctor, or put much stock in their ratings?  And if anybody’s REALLY bored do you want to take a peek and tell me if you would also be a little worried

Post # 391
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

Hyper link does seem to work.  Link again

The topic ‘6+ Months TTC — Part 9’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors