(Closed) 6 months TTC rant… I just want a baby.

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
1787 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
cait0302:  DH and I have also been trying for 6 months with very long cycles (50+ days) so I feel your pain! Have you read Taking Charge of your Fertility or What to Expect Before you’re Expecting? If not, I highly recommend it, it teaches you so much about your body and what it takes to become pregnant! Also, if you are going to be using OPKs, you’re going to need more than one.  I would suggest to try charting again so you can confirm that you are actually ovulating. If you aren’t, then you would be able to see an RE who could help you! There’s a thread on this forum for charters and the ladies on there are really great and super knowledgable. They will be able to help answer any questions you might have or help interpret your chart!

Good luck!

Post # 17
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I feel your pain, same for us!  We started in September and I know it’s not that long but I honestly thought it would happen right away.  So frustrating.  I am 33 and am so stressed about it not happening.  

Good luck to you!

Post # 18
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I feel for you – I had a year of random cycle lengths (from 30 to 75 days) before my BFP.  I weighed 135 pounds (I’m 5’5”), which puts me at the same BMI as you – the lower end of optimal.  My OBGYN recommended I gain weight until I was in the upper end of the healthy range.  It got my cycles down to 30-33 days, which was a huge improvement.  I would reccommend talking to your doctor to see if gaining a little weight might help.

The topic ‘6 months TTC rant… I just want a baby.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors