(Closed) 6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
Post # 407
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@bunny:  I am so sorry! Hopefully the Dr gets back to you soon so you know what is going on!!

View original reply
@jaguar:  Good Luck this weekend (I know its early- but i wanted to say it while it was fresh!) Hopefully you dont get too many questions from people. Perhaps your Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law can run interference for you guys, and maybe block some of those questions? At least they already know the situation so they might be more apt to stop people from saying things.  Also I am so excited for your IVF timeline and learning all about it from you! I cant wait for you to have your BFP!

View original reply
@redsmarties:  That wait is the worst!! Fingers crossed they get back to you soon!!

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  Just checking in to see how you are feeling today?

View original reply
@angeleyes2012:  Welcome! Hopefully you will be in and out of here quickly!!

Question ladies- any ideas on specific vitamins to help DH get a better SA. Someone talked a few days ago about putting thier DH on specific vitamins… I mean he takes a multivitamin and fish oil everyday- is there something else I should add to his regime? Also what suppliments do you ladies take? I am thinking of beefing up my vitamin intake as well!

Post # 408
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@bunny:  I think you could call it CD 1 today. My Re only counts a day if full AF comes before 5:00pm, so if you can use that it would give you another day to get in for CD 3 bloodwork. I hear you on the short cycles as I’ve had them myself. Weird on the no-ovulation but a period thing. Perhaps a very week Ovulation.

Doctor call Bunny back right now and don’t wait to see steps away from her phone to go to the bathroom. I swaer doctors have six senses about calling your office phone when you’ve finally given up and absolutely had to go to the Bathroom.

Post # 409
928 posts
Busy bee

@septcabride:  Thanks I need the reminder.  Sometimes ‘going with the flow’ is hard for me πŸ™‚  I think this TWW is going to be especially bad since we’re also in the TWW (Three Week Wait) for our vacation.  I just feel antsy!

Post # 410
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Argh…. i just wrote this super long post and then all the power went off. Ok – here we go again.

@angeleyes2012:  welcome to our little group! i hope your stay will be short. looking forward to get to know you a little bit more.

View original reply
@bunny:  ?? what? this is just unfair. i’m so sorry that you are back in the frustrating position of not knowing what is going on. our bodies are just unpredictable. frustrating. ((hugs))

View original reply
@ecomaha:  yeah for your temp spike! tww is on. glad you are joining me. i’m only one day ahead but have a much longer LP. i would say try not to worry about your temp. as long as you got a good spike that is all you need. there are thousands of pregnancy charts on FF with a smaller jump – it is way to early to read any conclusions from your chart. maybe it was a bit cooler in your room and therefor your temp was a bit lower… there are all sorts of things that can affect your temp that have nothing to do with your hormones. but you know that πŸ˜‰

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  how are you doing today? i hope your DH is on board with your plan.

View original reply
@jaguar:  that sounds like a good plan you have for saturday. maybe jholler and septca are right, it would make it easier on us if we would open up and tell people that it isn’t working out as planned. if you get another insensitive comment on saturday just get your spray out and let them have a turn.

View original reply
@cheert16:  my husband is only taking a regular multivitamin (for men). but his SA was looking pretty good and we have nothing to worry about in that department. i’m taking a prenatal vitamine, EPA and CoQ10 (all as recommended by my AP). the CoQ10 is supposed to help produce better eggs which I really need.

temp went up again this morning so FF gave me CH’s. i’m officially in my first tww in 2012. yeah! i think i’ll stop temping by the end of the week. i never get any spotting and my temp stays up for 15-16 days. not temping will hopefully make this tww a bit easier and i get to sleep because i don’t have to worry about what my temps are doing.

Post # 411
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh I forgot to fill out this round since I was waiting on my appt for any new special skills. 

chart: symptoms only. I work shift work which makes temping relatively inconsistent since sometimes I go to bed at 7am and get up at 3pm… Or the reverse. 

• Cyle #/TTC since…: technically cycle 5, but ttc since August

Issues: PCOS that in the last discussion with dr he assumes is typically annovulatory but waiting on bloodwork to see.

New tricks: will find out if I start clomid next week.  

I like to test… : so embarrassing. I test day 28 and every 7 days after as I never know if the massively long cycles (55 days and up) are caused by pcos or being ku. 

What I’ll miss: not sure, since I’m not a big drinker and have eliminated lots of things to ttc but I do like luncheon meat and from one of the more frightening pregnancy boards I have to say I have a certain appreciation for laughing without leaking pee….

Special skills: Im still one of the newbies around here and due to Canadian medical system likely won’t gain any personal experience with more “extreme” measures until we reach a year of documented trying (evenclomid this early may be a stretch).  I’m hoping the “old guard” will all have moved on soon and am happy to get to know some of the others who just recently passed the six month mark  

Post # 412
2070 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@cheert16:  The 2 my doctor recommended were CoQ10 and L Carnitine…I think zinc is important too so I just have DH take a multi vitamin and then the two above.

Post # 413
932 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@cheert16:  My naturopath recommended that my DH take the same supplements as I do. Its a regime called “Alternating Seeds” – you take a certain number of herbs/seeds from CD1-CD15, and then you take other herbs/seeds from CD15 – AF. The naturopath said that these are to regulate my cycle because the first ones have an estrogen effect and the second ones have a progesterone effect. The reason DH is taking them is to get us on the same general ‘cycles’ I suppose. So not for his SA results necessarily, but it could help. He is also taking Vitamin B12 shots, fish oil and probiotics.

View original reply
@ecomaha:  I know what you mean about EOD – it definitely takes some of the stress off getting the timing right, because I know that if we miss O day, we’ve got O-1 and O+1 covered. Throwing it all to the wind this month though, because DH will be away for a week and I’ve got no O in sight.

View original reply
@elchalten:  Hooray for your crosshairs! Have a wonderful TWW and don’t go too crazy!

Post # 414
1604 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I am headed over to my doctor’s office to pick up my medical records so I can have them ready for whenever I can squeeze in at the RE. I’m also going to try to flag down the nurse while I’m there and talk to her about this weird period.

Post # 415
928 posts
Busy bee

@bunny:  Good for you!  That will be great to get some answers!

Post # 416
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@bunny:  I’m sorry about the weird cycle. I hope you can get in to an RE soon and you get the answers you need.

View original reply
@angeleyes2012:  Welcome to our group!! The ladies are so nice and have so much great info to share!!!

@jaguar: Good Luck this weekend!!! I’m sure you said why but I can’t remember..what is the nasal spray for???

View original reply
@ecomaha:  Fingers crossed for you! I hope this is your month!! !!!!  I’m  hoping I O a bit later than normal I need bigger follicles! lol.  I have been struggling the past 2 days. I just want this so bad and I’m trying to look at all the positives in my life and not dwell on what I can’t control.

I get my follicle u/s on Thursday (and bloodwork) please please send me some big, healthy, viable follicles! Come on O!

Post # 417
1092 posts
Bumble bee

You guys, we are too chatty because we’re going to be onto Part 8 without a single BFP!

@ecomaha:  

View original reply
@elchalten:  Why can’t you guys be done your TWW like, NOW?  I’m impatient and so anxious for both of you this month!

View original reply
@angeleyes2012:  Welcome to the club and at the same time, I’m sorry you have to join us.  May your stay be very short!

View original reply
@jaguar:  If you do let loose with the nasal spray, please, please make a video for us??! πŸ™‚  I’m feeling stabby too.  (I love how you use that word and I’ve never heard it used here that way.)  I’m sorry people are making you feel that way. πŸ™  I haven’t had the chance to use it yet, but I am planning on changing to septca and jholler’s strategy and throwing it back in people’s faces that we have been trying since the wedding.  I’ve come to the conculsion that it’s better than trying to side-step the question AND it makes them feel uncomfortable/embarrassed for asking.  SCORE!

Post # 418
54 posts
Worker bee

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  Already getting helpful ideas, from extra vitamins to teas, to help this process.  As I live in Canada, they refuse to do any testing on either of us til we have been trying for a year. πŸ™  Don’t they know I want to know now if we need medical help to do this !!! lol

Post # 419
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@MrsFarmer:  Lol at the upside of making people feel bad for being Nosy. 

Post # 420
928 posts
Busy bee

@MrsFarmer:  You’re telling me!  I’d love for it to be April 22nd already πŸ™‚

Post # 421
1092 posts
Bumble bee

@cheert16:  Thanks for checking in on me.  I’m way better today, although I did have a moment of grieving when I marked FF with “menses” and got a brand new blank chart today.

View original reply
@elchalten:  Hey lady!  I’m doing much better today.  DH and I had a talk last night and he’s not quite ready to go the doctors.  I think it’s a pretty big shock to him (he hasn’t done all the reading and been on these boards to find out so many things) and he’s still hoping that it will just happen.  But it was really good to have the discussion.  I told him that I don’t want to go on forever not knowing if something is wrong and hoping that we have a chance when there might be something preventing us getting pg and we don’t even know it–he totally agreed to that.  So I think we’ll leave it until June (although technically after next month, we’ll have 12 cycles under our belt).  He’s a farmer so this is really the last thing he needs on his plate at this time of the year when seeding is about to get underway.  I may still give a call to our nearest Napro doctor though, so if she has any recommendations in the meantime.  I think they rely quite a bit on charting to understand your cycle, so I’m thinking she will be happy to see my charts.

View original reply
@bunny:  I hope you get some answers soon!  Fingers crossed and prayers for you. xoxo

The topic ‘6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors