(Closed) 6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
Post # 422
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Wispy:  My Follicle Scan/Bloodwork is Thursday also.

View original reply
@bunny:  Good luck. I hope the RE can squeeze you in.

View original reply
@angeleyes2012:  welcome. I hope your stay is short.

At least today is a better day emotionally so far. I splet last night so maybe that is helping keep the Clomid moodiness away, but I’m starting to fade fast and I need to finish a huge project so I’d better get off the BEE. Ugh no more caffine either, as I’ve had my two cans of diet coke. I’m working on cutting back the Diet COke.

Post # 423
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@angeleyes2012:  

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  We’re all in the same boat with our Canadian medical system and having to try for a year before anyone will see us.  I hate knowing that this past year could possibly be a “waste” TTC if they find something that has been preventing us from getting pg the whole time!

Post # 424
1092 posts
Bumble bee

@SapphireSun:  Haha, I’m just being catty, aren’t I?  But I think it serves them right anyways. πŸ˜‰

Post # 425
3786 posts
Honey bee

@MrsFarmer:  I can’t wait to hear about your experience with a Napro doctor!

Post # 426
1092 posts
Bumble bee

@Running Elley:  I’m excited too!  She’s two hours away, so it might mean a bit of driving, but we’re pretty luck because any of the other Napro doctors here in Canada are 8-10 hours away.  DH might think I’m jumping the gun by calling already, but I don’t think I need a referral to see her (one of the questions I would ask when I call her office anyways) and I think it might reassure me just to hear her recommendations until we get started on testing.

Post # 427
680 posts
Busy bee

@cheert16:  you changed your avatar? you’re confusing me… lol. nice picture btw.

@angeleyes2012:   @SapphireSun:  

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  mhhh… that is weird. i live in Canada as well and ‘m already seeing an RE. i’m 30 and DH is 31; went off BCP Jan 11; ttc since June 11 and i saw my ob/gyn in Dec 11 because of my super light periods. right away she ordered CD 3 bloodwork as well as an u/s and when my levels came back elevated she referred me to an RE without hesitation. i had my first appt with the RE clinic in Jan 12. so far all the bloodwork and other testing (SA, US) have been paid by the MSP. 

View original reply
@redsmarties:  can’t wait to see what your ‘Alternating Seeds’  does for you. i think it’s pretty cool that you and your husband can do that part together.

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  i certainly wouldn’t mind if we could just skip the tww alltogether. so glad to hear that you had a good talk. and you are right. my husband prob doesn’t even know half of the stuff i do and sometimes all this info can be a bit overwhelming for him. i would def do the call to your napro doctor just to see if they have any advice for you. a call can’t hurt.

View original reply
@Running Elley:  nice to see your face. how are you doing? your past the 12 weeks now, right?

Post # 428
3786 posts
Honey bee

@MrsFarmer: I don’t think you’ll need a referral to see her either and I am sure that hearing your recommendations will help you πŸ™‚ I loved my napro doctor (Still do! Even though I’ve been with an OB since 7 weeks she checks my progesterone every 2 weeks and keeps in touch, napro doctors are SO nice in my experience). I’ll be reading for an update πŸ™‚ PM me if you have any questions! 

View original reply
@elchalten: Thanks!!! I’m always here lurking πŸ™‚ I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow, it’s crazy to be this far already. We had our NT scan last week and baby looked perfect, I’m still supplementing my progesterone but hopefully soon my placenta should be all fired up and ready to produce the hormones itself! 

Post # 429
1092 posts
Bumble bee

@elchalten:  I’m wondering if it’s because you had an issue (super light periods) that she referred you right away.  DH and I both had physicals with bloodwork before we got married so our family doctor said we are both healthy as far as he could tell and to try for a year and come back then.  If there was something that seemed wrong, I’m sure he would see us, but otherwise, he feels its just a matter of time. 

Post # 430
1092 posts
Bumble bee

@Running Elley:  I’m so glad you still lurk.  I feel like anyone who has ever been here will always “belong” in a special way.  Yay for being 13 weeks!!!!!

ETA:  Thank you!  I may have questions for you yet!  And it’s really reassuring to hear that from someone else who went the Napro route and was successful! πŸ™‚

Post # 431
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@MrsFarmer:  I just trylike think of it that of I do my best to keep track of things now I’ll hopefully already have the “homework” that an eventual re will request on hand and “save” myself three months of charting Before they take action later. 

Post # 432
932 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@SapphireSun: 

View original reply
@MrsFarmer: 
View original reply
@angeleyes2012:  Interesting. I’m in Ontario, and while I didn’t go to see my doctor until it had been ten months or so, she had no issues whatsoever giving me the number to the RE. Funny thing is that it’s self-referral – so all I had to do was call the fertility clinic and book myself in. I don’t even think she asked how long we had been trying.

BUT, she did ask that I have bloodwork/ultrasounds done and that DH have an SA done before we come in for another appointment. Makes sense, I suppose.

Post # 433
1092 posts
Bumble bee

So I just called the Napro doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Haha, made my own day. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚  At first when I called her office, I was stumbling through explaining myself and her receptionist said she wasn’t taking any new patients.  The receptionist didn’t know what “Naprotechnology” even was.  But when I explained that I looking for fertilty care from a Catholic perspective and  in accordance with the teachings of the Church (I knew Dr. Egan was not only a Napro doctor but also Catholic), the receptionist was like, “Oh, we can help you with that.”  I want to talk to DH tonight but she said she would see me whenever I’m ready…as early as next week or the week after!!  Yikes!  I guess it’s up to us now, whether we wait or just go for it…

ETA:  And I don’t need a referral to see her either!

Post # 434
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@redsmarties:  That is interesting!  In the US, visits to REs are self-referred as well.  I asked my doctor if she would give me a referral and she said we could just call.  HOWEVER, some (most?) insurance companies want to see that you have been trying for 12 months before they will pay for the RE/advanced testing unless there are issues that present themselves earlier.

How do you guys pick an RE???  It seems like most RE practices here are big fertility clinics rather than individual doctors at small offices.  There is one that has great success rates, but you get very few choices on protocol; another that has lousy success rates but operates as a non-profit so will take on challenging cases; still another that will do natural cycle IVF but otherwise is pretty by-the-book… How do you ever decide???

Post # 435
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@septcabride:  Yeah. I think a main difference is we don’t really have insurance for medical things so the province legislates health care and fertility stuff does seem to be somethingthey’re a bit more stingy with.  My doctor was very interested in pin pointing an exact timeframe that we started “trying” vs just not being on the pill or “letting nature take its course/ntnt. 

It’s my previously diagnosed pcos, massive weight gain since going off bcp and loooooong cycles that qualified me for further testing not the fact that I’m not pregnant, although they obviously go hand in hand. 

Post # 436
1092 posts
Bumble bee

@redsmarties:  It is interesting!  I wonder if it varies based on province or if it’s more of an individual practice’s call on whether or not to refer?  It seems weird to me that we’re all in the same health care system and yet you can get a referral before 12 months but I can’t!  (How old are you again? If I was over 35, I could get the referral after 6 months….)

The topic ‘6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors