(Closed) 6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
Post # 452
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@gingersnap25:  we can definitely have more than one BFP!!!

Post # 453
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

So I am CD3 here, waiting impatiently for tomorrow to come to start the shots – and omg, I have the most revolting cramps. 🙁 Feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Post # 454
789 posts
Busy bee

@jaguar:  I’m sorry you feel crappy. But this is the beginning of what I hope will be a sticky baby dust process.  You are a strong woman. We are all supporting you and rooting for you!!!! And you have every right to feel what you are feeling. 

Post # 455
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

@Wispy:  Thanks chicka.

I feel like I’ve starte to lose my usual positive energy, which makes me sad. I’m just so tired! Must perk up. Must!

Post # 456
2670 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 1999

@MrsFarmer:  ,

View original reply
@Wispy:  ,
View original reply
@jaguar:  Thanks guys, no pressure:) I would LOVE to start a big round of BFPs, but as usual cautious to get excited about it.

View original reply
@gingersnap25:  Good luck to you too. I am trying to hold out until next week to test. I hope I can hold out!

View original reply
@jaguar:  You cramps sound sucky, but this is kind of like a brand new start for you. I am so excited for you!

Post # 457
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

@ieatunicorns:  I promise there’s no pressure. I’d be thrilled to have you graduate from this thread. 🙂

As I got my period, the hubby made a comment about wondering if this would be the last one I’d have in a while – I think he’s more optimistic about this IVF cycle than I thought!

Post # 458
789 posts
Busy bee

@ieatunicorns:  no pressure. All Love.

I’m CD8. I finished my 1st round of Clomid yesterday.  I have been having major “fluttering” on my right side where I normally feel ovulation twinges.  Do you think it could be from the clomid? Do you think I could be about to O?  It’s only CD8. Maybe it is nothing..TTC making me crazy.

Post # 459
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

@Wispy:  It might be a sign that things are stirring and that O is on its way!!!!

Post # 460
789 posts
Busy bee

@jaguar:  Oh I sure hope the “fluttering” is an early sign of something Positive!  Good Luck today!! Let us know how it goes!

Post # 461
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

@Wispy:  Fingers are crossed!!!!

I always get nervous about driving in morning traffic and then finding a parking space at the busy public hospital, but I’ll be leaving a little early to make sure I’m there ok.

The scary part is that tomorrow morning’s appointment is the day I PAY for the cycle. The way it works is that we pay it all upfront (6k+meds) and then after the cycle is over, I have to go and put in the reclaim details.. so we’re out of pocket a LOT up front. I just hope my credit card decides to play nice tomorrow!!!

Post # 462
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@gingersnap25:  There is always hope til AF comes!  Good luck! 

View original reply
@ieatunicorns:   GOOD LUCK! 🙂

Post # 463
1604 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@ecomaha:  No, they wouldn’t do CD3 blood tests (in fact, the nurse didn’t even know what they were!) and I couldn’t get in at the RE any sooner than next week, so I guess we’re sitting this cycle out.

View original reply
@Wispy:  Heathaah always described it as a quarter spinning where her ovary would be!

View original reply
@jaguar:  Good luck! I’ll be thinking of you this afternoon (which is when it’s tomorrow for you).

Post # 464
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Wispy:  Will update. I’m pretty tried too. I run out of gas in the afternoon. Cutting my caffeine way back is not helping.

Post # 465
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@ieatunicorns: and

View original reply
@gingersnap25:  I’ve got my eye on both of you!  No pressure or anything.  :o)

View original reply
@JaneyD:  Thank you very much for sharing your decision-making process – it really helped.  I am just at the research stage, but basically my options boil down to three:

1. Shady Grove – which is a HUGE clinic with high success rates, but they have a really strict protocol and will basically cancel any cycle that they think won’t be successful (so I have heard).  They also seem to be really picky about who they will take on.  Generally the cheapest option.  Nursing staff and admins get low marks – especially since they refuse to bill insurance in the most client-friendly way (i.e., they bill monitoring as treatment rather than diagnosis, which = $$$ for clinics)
    2. Columbia Fertility – also huge with good success rates, but – again – really strict protocols.  There is one doctor that everyone raves about, but he takes a lot of vacation and reviews basically say DO NOT go to any of the other doctors, so it seems a lot of people self-cancel cycles if he will be out of town for any part of the cycle.  More expensiv
    3. George Washington University – small clinic that operates as a non-profit (will price match other clinics) – will take on any case, and are pretty cutting edge in terms of protocols (will do natural cycle, etc.).  Success rates are fairly low because they will take on “lost causes” (reviewer words, not mine), but they get rave reviews because they have had good success with women who have been turned away everywhere else.  Negative reviewers don’t like that you rotate between three different doctors.

My doctor (who works at GWU, incidentally) recommended Shady Grove because they are huge and generally well-priced, and because she thinks IVF will be really successful for us (only problems are tube blockage and time…).  But I am really leaning towards GWU.  I like that they are committed to making things work, regardless of success rates, it’s really close to me, and all my other doctors are there + it’s the hospital where I would deliver.  BUT, all this information is SO confusing.

(Putting all this out there in case there is anyone in my area who can weigh in…)

Post # 466
    1415 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@bunny:  I admit that I don’t know much about your situation, but have you thought about looking into a new doctor?  It seems like your current doctor is pretty non-responsive, doesn’t do certain tests, etc.

View original reply
    @kayakgirl73:  LOL.  This is the part of my cycle where I usually give up caffeine (I only drink one cup of coffee per day), but this cycle I said “F it.”  I am really not missing the deprivation headaches I usually get. 

The topic ‘6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors