(Closed) 6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
Post # 467
1604 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@septcabride:  Yes, I’m going to see an RE for the first time next Wednesday. I’m really fine with sitting out this cycle — clearly my body needed a break since it gave me a period without ovulating! I’m really excited to see the RE and find out what treatment they’d recommend. I also figure that even if we decide on treatment for next cycle (instead of the lap), they can still do the CD3 blood work then.

Post # 468
932 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@jaguar:  Yikes! That’s a whole lot of cash up front. I really hope that this cycle works out for you – sounds like your hubby is pretty on board.

View original reply
@bunny:  Good for you for being proactive and finding a new doctor. I’m really hoping this RE does wonders for you.

Hubby goes to the doctor in ten minutes to get his SA results. I’m pretty sure I’m more anxious/excited than he is. He wouldn’t let me come with him – thought that was weird. So I made him promise to text/call me right away. Believe it or not, our family and very close friends all took bets on what his sperm count would be. I guess that’s one way of making things a little less stressful.

Post # 469
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@bunny:  That is great – I am so glad to hear that you have a new plan!

View original reply
@redsmarties:  FX!!!  (Obviously, let us know how they come out.)

Post # 470
280 posts
Helper bee

Well, Ladies, I am officially OUT…:(  I am not surprised, but still completely bummed.  I feel defeated today and not really sure why I should even bother going on with the next phase of testing.  I feel lost.  I know I am getting ahead of myself because all the testing and results are not complete, but I feel like if it doesn’t happen on its own, it won’t happen for us.  “Hello, My name is Debbie Downer…”

Post # 471
280 posts
Helper bee

@redsmarties:  Good Luck…fingers crossed!  I love that you all took bets…

Post # 472
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@septcabride:  

I ended up at Shady Grove. There is also Dominion Fertility but I think they are only in Arlington. They seem to be mentioned a lot in the DC area as well. They do Natural Cycle, I do hear a lot of complaints about the bedside manner of one of the docs there.

I choose SG because I have friends who have gone there, my GYN likes them, they have locations near my home and office which is important with all of the monitoring you need. I’ve only used the Annandale office thus far, as I’ve been able to work with my work schedule so I haven’t needed to brave the DC office. I did have to go out to Rockville for my HSG.  I like my nurse and my doctor a lot.

The billing folks less so, see my thread on the HSG cost.  I also just received more bills on the HSG 6 weeks later. It’s just weird that it was billed as surgery and not diagnostic which put it towards my deductible. Also I hate that monitoring incurs my $40.00  co-pay everytime but if I went to an outside lab or radiology place, insurance would cover 100%

I think there are other ladies at SG on here. Also if you haven’t already check out the TTC board on DC Urban Moms, lots of infor on the area IF clinics there.

Post # 473
1415 posts
Bumble bee

@gingersnap25:  I am sorry, honey.  As far as I am concerned, you are allowed to feel as b!tchy and as down as you want on CD1.  You are also allowed to drink as much wine and eat as many brownies as you want.  (Septca’s CD1 Rules…)

View original reply
@kayakgirl73:  Yeah, I didn’t even put Dominion on my list because the reviews are so bad.  LOL on DCUM… if you look at the last couple of IVF clinic question threads related to endo on there it will be pretty obvious that I wrote them.  :o)  Opinions seem pretty split between SG and GW on DCUM, but those boards are what swayed me towards GW.  I need to have a little chat with my insurance company to see if they will cover consults at both… my husband and I would really like to sit down at both places and get a feel for them.

Post # 474
928 posts
Busy bee

@gingersnap25:  I agree with Septca totally on the rules.  Do whatever you need to do today to get to tomorrow.  I’m SO often like you were CD 1 and 2 I feel like ‘I’m done.  I’m over it.  I’m going to forget about all the TTC crap and if it happens great and if not, great’.  So I know how you feel.   But I always feel better by CD 5 and feel a new sense of anticipation and hope for another round of TTC.  I hope this comes for you to as AF runs it’s course.  I’m still so sorry.  I know those days just down right SUCK. 

Post # 475
932 posts
Busy bee

Going nuts over here waiting for DH to call from the doctor’s office. I know he’s probably not even in yet – his appointment was at 10:30 and its only been 20 minutes. Ugh. I just want answers!

Post # 476
928 posts
Busy bee

@redsmarties:  That is funny!  I hope you get QUICK results!

Post # 477
932 posts
Busy bee

And, results are normal. 23 million/ 25% abnormality/70% motility. I should be thrilled that they’re normal, and I am happy that there’s nothing wrong with DH, BUT…now it means that there’s something wrong with me. It means that the last 14 months of trying *should* have worked.

It also means I’ll have to go for an HSG, which I’ve been dreading like you wouldn’t believe.

Post # 478
1415 posts
Bumble bee

@redsmarties:  Congratulations!  That is FANTASTIC news!!!  Don’t worry too much about the HSG – you’ll very likely be all slippery and super-fertile after it’s over.  :o)

Post # 479
280 posts
Helper bee

@septcabride:  Thanks, and I think I love your CD1 rules! 

View original reply
@ecomaha:  Thank you…and it is nice to know I am not the only one that feels like this, I hope by CD5 I am back up on my feet! 

View original reply
@redsmarties:  Fabulous news!  My husband goes in for his on Friday.  I have to schedule an HSG too, and I am dreading it just as much as you are. 

Post # 480
928 posts
Busy bee

@gingersnap25:  I’m with you and Redsmarties.  HSG is next on our list if these first 2 months of Clomid don’t work and I’m definitely dreading it! 

Post # 481
280 posts
Helper bee

@ecomaha:  I definitely hope the Clomid works for you!  I will be having my HSG in the next week or so, so I can report back the details if wanted/needed.  My doctor didn’t even suggest Clomid as an option for us.   

The topic ‘6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors