(Closed) 6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!

posted 10 years ago in TTC
Post # 482
2070 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@septcabride:  I think if you are leaning toward GWU, you should do it.  The benefit of a small clinic is more attention.  My clinic has 3 doctors and is busy but not “big” I don’t think.  I’ve only met with my actual doctor 3 times.  But every afternoon they meet and discuss cases.  It hasn’t bothered me, but it could bother some people.  If they price match, that’s great.  And if they take hard cases, you should be a piece of cake for them!  What does your doc think about them?

Post # 483
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@JaneyD:  THANK YOU!  Your confirmation of my gut instinct means a lot.  I figure sometimes the gut just knows.  I need to follow up with my doctor after I get AF next and I will ask her opinion then!  I am hoping to schedule a consult for early June and hopefully be ready for transfer for my September cycle – I would really like to have the summer “off.”

My husband and I just booked a belated birthday celebration long weekend trip to the Outer Banks for early May, and when I looked at my calendar I realized that it is O weekend.  I love when these things work out.  :o)

Post # 484
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@septcabride:  I hope that insurance pays for a consult on both.  I post on the TTC board on DCUM from time to time. I read a lot though.

Ladies whose HSG are coming up, it’s true that it’s unpleasant and can hurt, even hurt a lot but it can give you answers that you need to have to move treatment along.

My HSG hurt quite a bit, but I had a tubal spasm or a blocked tube on one side. I’ve heard quite a few folks say that theirs didn’t hurt or no worse than period cramps. I will say that it was over quickly and once the test stopped the pain went away. I did have some menstrual like cramps at times during the rest of the day, but not bad ones.

Do remember to take Ibuprofen before your test, your doctor should mention this but if they don’t ask about it.

Post # 485
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@kayakgirl73:  Thanks for sharing your experience…I hope mine goes as smooth as possible.  I am trying to stay positive about it, like you said, it is one more piece to the puzzle and will help with planning the next steps.  My nurse told me about the ibuprofen and I made sure to buy some to take prior! 

Post # 486
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@gingersnap25:  i’m so sorry girl ((hugs)). i’m with the other ladies. do whatever you need to do to get to tomorrow. be frustrated, down, angry. i usually feel better once all the emotions are out.  

View original reply
@ieatunicorns:  keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you! we need another BFP here.

View original reply
@jaguar:  good luck!!! you must be excited and nervous at the same time. you have waited for this day so long and now it is finally here. we’ll all be rooting for you.

View original reply
@Wispy:  hopefully clomid did a wonderful job and you get a strong ovulation any time soon.

View original reply
@bunny:  good that you are moving on to an RE. a nurse who doesn’t know what cd 3 bloodwork is should def not be taking care of you. like your positive thinking and that you have a plan layed out for you.

View original reply
@septcabride:  i don’t know any of those clinics but i think you should go with your gut feeling. if you like and trust GWU than that would prob be a good fit for you. success rates usually don’t tell to full story of a clinic. maybe they turn away a lot of cases just to keep their numbers up. and if GWU is pretty close and you are already familiar with their staff and location i think that would be another good reason to pick them. i’m sure you’ll make the right decision that is best for you.

View original reply
@redsmarties:  congrats on the SA results! i felt so releived when we got them. try not to worry about the HSG. the procedure itself isn’t bad at all. my doc was a jerk but the hsg wasn’t painful for me. i took Ibuprofen an hour before the treatment. i understand you on the “something wrong with me” but try to look at it from a positive side: there might be only one problem instead of two.

View original reply
@septcabride:  i’m about to plan a trip to Seattle for May (just around our 13-year-dating anniversary). it is may 9  and when i suggested to go from May 4th to 6th my DH looks at me and says… this is not coincidentally ovulation-day weekend… lol… my response was: well, things are just working out. obviously, he knows that i’m a planner ๐Ÿ˜‰

i went to AP last night and it was great. i was listening to one of their fertility meditation cd’s (normally i listen to spa music) and it was great. today i feel pretty calm and relaxed. i BDs  at the right time and there is nothing I can do for the next two weeks other than wait and enjoy life. i’m sure i will be back to beeing nervous and anxious in about a week or so. we all know how it goes. the first week is easy and the second week is a pain.

Post # 487
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I went to an acupuncture/TCM clinic for the first time this week. There was an Amazon Local deal for a place near my office and I’ve been wanting to try it out for awhile. (We’re on Cycle 10). They were super nice, a husband-wife team and infertility is her specialty. I had my first session on Monday afternoon and I picked up the ‘tea’ from them Tuesday afternoon. This morning is the first time I’ve made the tea for myself and it is definitely difficult to stomach. 

They also told me to cut out alcohol, radishes, and pork. And I can only drink one cup of coffee per day. (I mostly drink decaf, but she said I could still only have one cup.)

Hopefully I’ll ovulate in the next couple days (I got my second day of “high” on the CBEFM this morning) and by then the tea will help with implanation.

Post # 488
928 posts
Busy bee

@gingersnap25:  I would love to hear about it if you don’t mind sharing.  It’s always good to know what to expect ahead of time.  I’m already nervous about it and it wouldn’t be for another cycle yet. 

Post # 489
928 posts
Busy bee

@kayakgirl73:  Thanks for the info!  Also, I’m assuming you had it between AF and O?

Post # 490
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MrsFarmer:  Glad to hear you are feeling better!!

View original reply
@elchalten:  Sorry, I needed a new picture! The last one was 3 years old from our Save the dates. At least the wedding one is only a year and a half old!!

View original reply
@Running Elley:  I love that you lurk!!

My temp dropped this morning so I think I am ovulating today. Just have to wait for the temp spike tomorrow, and the 2 following days- then I will be in the TWW!

Post # 491
928 posts
Busy bee

@cheert16:  Yea!  Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 492
1037 posts
Bumble bee

@ecomaha:  Yep actually CD 12 the last day my clinci will do them.  They were really booked with them at the time.  I think that want your flow to have stopped but  before O so that they know you are not PG. Some clinics have really strict rules on BD before the test.

Post # 493
932 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@elchalten:  Oh, that’s good to hear. I’ve only heard the really terrible stories about HSGs and how painful they are.

I called the RE right after getting DH’s SA results, to see if I could be booked in for a formal consult. Shockingly, they have an appointment for tomorrow! So I’m printing out all of my charts and things, and headed down there for 11 tomorrow. I’ve only had a phone consult with her before, where she recommended the SA and ultrasounds, as well as trying EOD for a few months. Now that all of those things have checked out, and we’re still not pregnant, its time for the real stuff.

Any recommendations for me?

View original reply
@cheert16:  Good luck! Hope that’s your ovulation sign! Keep us posted!

Post # 494
928 posts
Busy bee

@redsmarties:  I missed the post on the results – YEA!  That is so great you got in so quick to the doctor too!  I would basically just present them with all of your info and ask what they would suggest for next steps.  I’ll be thinking of you! 

Post # 495
1788 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Ladies, I’m just popping in to see if anyone who is in potential running for a BFP in Part 7 (looks like there’s about 3 more pages to go before they shut this one down and make part 8) participated in The Pregnancy Position?  I have had a busy couple of days at work, but when I saw Septca posted that yesterday about needing Part 7 bfps, it made me wonder:)

@gingersnap25:  I am sorry about AF.  I have totally had those days where I felt so hopeless that I was self-destructive.  And wine-destructive.  And credit card-destructive.  I hope that in a couple of days, you feel better:)  HUGS!

View original reply
@redsmarties:  Congrats on the swimmers!

Post # 496
928 posts
Busy bee

@jholler25:  “self-destructive, wine-destructive, and credit card-destructive”  I think we have all had those days ๐Ÿ™‚

Currently I’m just trying to tell myself that this isn’t our month and that I’m not even in the TWW.  I’m going to go with the head in the sand approach and hope it works for me/us ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘6 Months + Up TTC Club: Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors