(Closed) 6 Months, Wedding Venue Canceled. Southern NH

posted 6 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
2778 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

That stinks, how many guests did you have?  If its not a whole lot you could have the wedding at a beautiful park or garden and pay a nominal fee for the permit.  I would explore that option, if not check one of these out:

http://voices.yahoo.com/affordable-wedding-venues-southern-hampshire-1769063.html?cat=23

Depending on how close you are to the MA border I would check cheap venues there too.  What does it cost to get married at like Hampton Beach?

Post # 5
2778 posts
Sugar bee

I forgot about the bad snow/freezing issue.  You could have a snow wedding like Friends! jk

If changing the date is still an option then I would explore it, if not try to come up with another venue and or get creative.  Like is there a room at a restaurant you could use and then pay per head for the food there?  Does anyone you know have a huge house/property they can lend you for a day?  Will another church take you in?

Post # 6
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

So they cancelled on you because youstopped attending the church? Wow, rude. 

Im sorry that happened, but I second PPs in assuming that your guest list was probably smaller so it will be easier to find another venue. Hopefully your guest list is small and it won’t some insanely massive church! 

Don’t stress too much, you do still have 6 months. Better than 6 weeks right? 

Post # 8
2778 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsMyrdek:  Best of luck!  I hope the rest of your planning goes more smoothly.

Post # 9
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

What about at UNH?  It looks liek they have a conference center, and the students will most likely still be on break then, so you shouldn’t have random kids running around… http://www.conferences.unh.edu/weddings-and-special-events/weddings/  not totally sure what your food was going to cost, but there’s probably a few reasonable options.  I grew up in S New Husband, so if you need some more help, feel free to PM me

The topic ‘6 Months, Wedding Venue Canceled. Southern NH’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors