(Closed) 6 or 7 days late – negative HPT?!

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

If you actually ovulated that late in your cycle (24 days after your LMP is def. on the long side) you could still be pregnant but not have enough hormones yet for it to register.  I would keep testing every morning/every other morning with fingers crossed!

that said, you also might have ovulated earlier – when I took OPKs it showed an initial surge (ovulation) and another surge a week or so later (I don’t know what this was caused by)….so maybe you ovulated earlier in your cycle than you think?  When I came off BC (not sure if you were on the pill?) my periods were not regular for a few months, so that is a possibility to if your body is still adjusting.

Post # 5
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

@ADMBoston: yeah I found the OPKs a bit tricky, but I wasn’t into the temping and cervical mucus thing so it was the best we had ๐Ÿ™‚  Keeping my fingers crossed for you….have you found yourself peeing more often? that was my first sign….I didn’t test until a good 5 days late myself, so I was positive by then!

By The Way if you actually had a surge on the 27th, I think the 29th would generally be pushing it to be able to get preggers unless you also did earlier…..

Post # 8
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@ADMBoston: OPKs are good, but if you don’t test twice a day you can easily miss ovulation. Also, the number of days between the first day of your period and ovulation can vary, while the number of days between ovulation and the start of your next period is usually always 14 days. So if you ovulated between the 27th and 29th your two week wait would be just ending. I would definitely test again in a couple days if AF doesn’t show up.

Post # 10
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2000

oh yes, please keep testing! 

I tested negative, too – got a little sad, had a few drinks, jumped in a hot tub, ate a greek salad and then when a few days went by and no AF I decided to try again and POSITIVE! I still can’t believe it, it came up so late

Post # 11
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@ADMBoston:Something VERY similar happened to us in January.  My period was two weeks late.  I took SIX home pregnancy tests—all negative.   Went to my doctor for a test and was still negative.  Auntie flo showed up a week later……I’m VERY regular.  So “something” happened, but it did not result in a baby ๐Ÿ™

Stick it out a few more days and repeat the test.  I hope you’re outcome is different than ours!! 

Post # 14
544 posts
Busy bee

@ADMBoston:Keep the Hive posted!  Fingers are crossed ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
2538 posts
Sugar bee

@ADMBoston: My background is so similar to yours!  I’ve been off BC for 7 months, cycles have averaged 32 days, but 2 cycles have been 40 including the last one which was #6.  I thought everything was regular but apparently is wasn’t.  It seems that this month will be another long one.  I think I O’d on day 23ish.  I went test crazy last month but then AF showed on Day 40.  So it could go either way for you this month.  Just wait as long as possible to test again for your sanity.  Good luck!

Post # 16
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Make sure you test first thing in the morning. This is when your urine is most comcentrated and most likely to detect the Hcg to give you a positive test.

The topic ‘6 or 7 days late – negative HPT?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors