6 positive PT & HCG level 25

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 2
1411 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

It sounds like you might be experiencing a chemical pregnancy which is a very early miscarriage. As much as any form of loss is awful they are incredibly common and many women don’t even know they’re experiencing one because it can present just like a heavier period. Unfortunately there’s not really anything that can be done but they’re not generally an indication of a problem with fertility.

Post # 4
935 posts
Busy bee

tt2121 :  Unfortunately, there isn’t much they can go more in-depth about. Only time will tell if it is a viable pregnancy or a chemical pregnancy. Many times, your OBGYN won’t even seen you until about 8 weeks. Sorry for the uncertainty. I know it’s hard.

Post # 7
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve had two and even though they are so early it still sucks. The good news is one early miscarriage is incredibly common and often seen as a “positive” for your fertility. That doesn’t make it feel better, but it can help you feel better about your odds for success when you TTC again.

Post # 9
3396 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve had two chemical pregancies and they are not “just” a late period or anything else to me. I felt pregnant. Super sad about it. But the point of my comment is you shouldn’t have to torture yourself and wait one week to get another blood test.  The hormones double or something every 48-72 hours (I forget the details).

Post # 12
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Hang in there, mama. This happened to me too. The odds are on your side for a healthy pregnancy soon. I got pregnant two cycles after my chemical and am currently 9 weeks with a very healthy bean. Take your pre-natals! I also was taking baby aspirin and I was prescribed progesterone as mine was a bit on the low side. Ask your doc about progesterone if you continue to struggle – I am certain it’s what helped me conceive so quickly. 

Post # 13
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m sorry for your loss! I had an “early miscarriage” and I still remember the asshole nurse that was so insensitive and handled it so poorly. I got pregnant with my daughter the next cycle but I still remember my first pregnanxg and it will always make me sad, I don’t care that it was only 24 hours l, I loved it. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors