6 Prong Mine Cut Solitaire

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1707 posts
Bumble bee

***LOVE***!!!!!!  I adore mine cuts and OECs! Your ring is gorgeous, and the plain band is perfect to showcase it. More pics are welcomed πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Post # 4
5538 posts
Bee Keeper

we need more pictures.. its as simple as that! πŸ˜€

Post # 6
6272 posts
Bee Keeper

Love!

i have an old mine cut too! Where is yours from…do you know any history on it?

Post # 7
283 posts
Helper bee

Your ring is beautiful! I also have an old mine cut solitaire. I am obsessed with how they look from the side. I just love that they have that iconic diamond shape!

Post # 8
5037 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

Just beautiful!

Post # 9
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It’s beautiful! Are you sure it’s OMC? I think those are squared, and OECs round. 

Post # 10
6272 posts
Bee Keeper

alybetter :  no OMC are the original cushion shape diamond.  Cut by hand with a high pillowy crown and chunky facets. Mine is round, some are a bit longer but they aren’t precise like modern cuts.  

Post # 11
283 posts
Helper bee

alybetter :   UK-bee :  Mine is also pretty close to round. It’s technically more of an irregular oval. My jeweler said that it’s a transitional cut somewhere between OEC and OMC, but the faceting is much more typical of OMC.

Post # 12
108 posts
Blushing bee

farri016 :  It’s gorgeous! Please post more pictures. 

Post # 13
2573 posts
Sugar bee

Love it! Need to see more pics! Old cuts are my fav too!

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee

Thank yall!!! It was my FHs great grandmothers stone. The jeweler said it is not flawless but has only one small inclination color Grade : D,  Clarity : VVS1. I will have to ask my Future Mother-In-Law more history on it. I just know it was made cut and that time they sacrificed size for brilliance which was pretty cool to learn about bc I had no knowledge of Old Mine Cut diamonds until this one.  Thanks for all the comments. I’d love to see y’all rings. Every ring is beautiful and i love seeing different styles and settings. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’πŸ˜˜

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors