(Closed) 6 prong rings! Pros & Cons ?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Would you rather have a

4 prong ering

6 prong ering

• Post # 31
    23 posts
    Newbee

I feel like 4 prongs are actually more noticeable because they distract from the round shape of the stone more than a 6 prong setting. The 4 prong settings that I’ve seen looked to have bigger prongs in general. I absolutely love my delicate 6 prongs. They’re barely visible unless I’m looking up close and it makes my diamond look like it’s floating. IMG_9920

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Profile Photo jn1122.
    Post # 32
    4640 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I used to have a 4 prong but I got it reset to 6 prong because I think it enhances the shape of the round stone better. It makes it look rounder and larger in my opinion. 

Here is my before and after… I think it looks much better as a 6 prong.

BEFORE20141130a

AFTER

MWM_Quad_Pic

Post # 33
    231 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
    TheGridMonster:  did you pick a wedding band yet? 

Post # 34
    922 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2017 - Vineyard on Long Island

mo prongs, mo bettah! I have a round stone in a cushion cut, so I wanted to accentuate the square shape.  So I have eight prongs, technically.  The jeweler doubled up prongs on the four courners to make sure it stays secure.  Theyre dainty enough so it doesnt overwhelm the stone and allows plenty of light to come in, but ensures that if one prong gets bent, there’s a fail-safe in place to hold the diamond until I get to a jeweler haha.

Post # 35
    9520 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
    ahimas:  No, I’m far too indecisive, so Fiance is going to pick one for me (after we go try a bunch on of course!). heehee

Post # 36
    120 posts
    Blushing bee

I am team 6-prong as well! Four prongs do make the stone look more square than round (to me). And six prongs are timeless.

Post # 37
    2742 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: County courthouse

I prefer 6 prongs on rounds because, it’s more secure and looks great. I don’t like 4 prong cuz it seems so insecure…if one prong breaks or bends…you’re screwed. Also, I think 4 prongs on a round make it look like a cushion cut. Here’s my 6 prong round fb moissanite:

Post # 38
    301 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    lilsweetie:  Your new set is beautiful! do you mindme asking the thickness of your engagement ring band? and is it a knife edge?

Post # 39
    4640 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
    babybearinhipss:  It’s slightly knife edge but not sharply. It is also wider than many of the tiny under 2mm thick bands that I see on here. I think it is around 2.2mm. You can kind of see the profile here:

set_spacer_profile

The topic ‘6 prong rings! Pros & Cons ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors