(Closed) 6 prong round solitaire ring with pave diamonds or without? (post yours)

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Someone mentioned it, but I also loved that I probably wouldn’t have to worry about the setting if the band was diamond-less. 

Post # 21
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

katerina86:  thank you! It’s 1.45 on my 5.5 finger

Post # 22
444 posts
Helper bee

katerina86:  Thanks! I am only 5’1 and have short fingers, so my 1.07ct looks proportional to my short fingers! Lucky for my fiance, lol. 

Post # 23
122 posts
Blushing bee

I am waiting for my sparkler to arrive and I had the same issue choosing a pave or plain band, in the end I decided to get the plain band. My main reasons were:

• No small stones to fall out, I have had other pave bands and stones have fallen out. This means an added cost of getting them replaced as well as you are without your ring while it is does;
  • The centre stone is more of a masterpiece on a plain band;
  • I saved $600-$1000 getting a plain band which meant I could get a bigger/ better diamond Here is my baby, I can’t wait for her to arrive ๐Ÿ™‚
Post # 24
2982 posts
Sugar bee

My diamond ring was bought as a 50th birthday / 25th anniversary present and had to match my plain wedding ring.

Post # 25
211 posts
Helper bee

I have a 6 prong round solitare on a plain band. My Fiance picked it out without my input. While I like the look of diamond settings for engagement rings, I felt the plain setting would give me more wedding band options since I know if I had an engagement ring with a diamond setting O would try to match it and would get frustrated if I couldn’t.

My nails aren’t done so I tried to not get them in the picture.

Post # 26
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2006

I’m sure it will be beautiful however you decide.  I love a classic solitaire with eternity band.  Mine is 1.5 carats on size 6 finger for reference. 

Post # 27
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2016 - The Wynn Las Vegas

My 2mm pave band

Post # 28
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

gisekaotic:  Wowza! So sparkly! Mine will look like a rose gold version of your ring when we finally change out the center stone and prongs.

For the OP, I have a cushion morganite solitaire in rose gold. Changing to 6 prong round moissanite probably next year. I got a rose gold band with no diamonds on it. So kind of th e opposite of what you were saying. I love it because it shows more rose gold ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s also not just a plain band but an infinity band.

I will say that I LOVE the look of a classic solitaire. You could get away with anything in terms of a wedding band which is nice.

The topic ‘6 prong round solitaire ring with pave diamonds or without? (post yours)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors