(Closed) 6 prongs vs 4 prongs- Please share your thoughts/advice/ and PICTURES of both :)

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 93
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@howsweetitis:  I am in love with your ring!!

Post # 94
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Appearance wise, I like the 6 prong better.

Post # 95
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2004

Six prongs are more secure. Just be very picky about the prongs, as you don’t want to have tears in gloves or scratch a patient.

Post # 96
2494 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I prefer the look of four prongs

Post # 97
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I got a four prong which I prefer – less to overwhelm the stone, IMHO. I work with kiddos so I do a lot of hand-washing and rubber glove-wearing, I do worry a bit about stability, but ultimately it’s a quality setting and it’s insured so I’m not that concerned.

Post # 98
3288 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@MrsLS:  Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it! 🙂

Post # 100
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

This is my ering. Our jeweler told us they never sell 4 prong settings to RN’s because if one prong gets loose the whole diamond will fall out. I have 6 very small prongs and I don’t think it takes away from the diamond.

Post # 101
741 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

I Have 4 Prongs Will Post A Pic When I Have Batteries 🙁 lol

Stunning Rings, Ladies! xoxo

Post # 102
1304 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I prefer the look of four prongs.  But my ring is four double claws, so I’m not too concerned about durability.  And my stone is a cushion cut, not a RB.

Post # 103
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I agree with other bees that it’s all about personal preference and what’s going to work best for you.  Honestly, I never thought about this when dropping hints to the FI about the ring I wanted.  He ended up getting a 4 prong for me which works well because I work a desk job and I’m not tough on my hands.  I think because of the field you’re in, 6 prong would work best! 🙂

Post # 105
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2014

It’s more of a personal prefference. If you have a center rock that is 1.5ct or more a 6 prong is more ideal just to secure the rock within better. And I’m not saying having 4prong isn’t secure or anything but yes the 6prong preserves the round cut look more idealy rather than the 4prong. Either one they’re both beautiful !

Post # 106
8474 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I didn’t even think about this when I went ring shopping with my husband. But now that I’ve been comparing the two looks, I just prefer the 6 prong with a round center stone. I also feel the diamond is more secure in a 6.

Post # 107
241 posts
Helper bee

I origjnally wanted 4 prong but my jeweler advised toget 6 for safety reasons.. i am loving the 6!!! 

The topic ‘6 prongs vs 4 prongs- Please share your thoughts/advice/ and PICTURES of both :)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors