(Closed) 6 prongs vs 4 prongs- Please share your thoughts/advice/ and PICTURES of both :)

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 123
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@ceebree:  AAAAAAAHHH!!! You have it!!!  It’s gorgeous!!!  How much do you love it?

Post # 124
3101 posts
Sugar bee

@yellow15rose:  Haha, thanks!  It’s perfect!  I was just telling my husband that.  It is exactly what I wanted and I have zero buyers remorse about the ring I ended up with (which is always a possibility when you obsess over something for so long and spend that much money).  I am actually on my way out the door to go looking for a palladium w-band to match!

Post # 125
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

My 6 prongs are delicate, hand made in Platinum with tiny braces to make a delicate basket around the bottom of the stone. My wedding band sits flush. I like the look of six personally, I like the shape better. I’m not concerned about the slight difference in light etc because if I was that concerned i’d have just superglued the stone to the top of my finger and been done with it. The metalwork is as important to me as the stone. I want to see some of my platinum XD

Post # 126
2144 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I always thought I wanted 6 prongs, but the ring I liked the most just happened to be 4-prong and it’s not really something I fixate on now. I think it depends more on the specific setting which will look better. 

Post # 128
243 posts
Helper bee

I have a 4 prong 1ct oval centre stone. I have to admit, it probably needs 6 prongs. I have had some terrible trouble with the centre stone coming loose and it has had to be tightened 3 times since August. I don’t know if this is to do with a) the shape of the centre stone, or b) the fact the prongs are very delicate or c) the jeweller has just done a crappy job. I’m not very happy with some of the craftsmanship. I do not want 6 prongs, as the 4 prong look is just SO pretty. Not the most mature approach!

The topic ‘6 prongs vs 4 prongs- Please share your thoughts/advice/ and PICTURES of both :)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors