(Closed) 6 sisters….who do I choose?

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: How do I choose a sister?
    Draw name from a hat : (1 votes)
    4 %
    Pick sister I am closest with : (9 votes)
    39 %
    Pick sister closest to my age : (0 votes)
    Don't include any sister in my bridal party : (11 votes)
    48 %
    Other, explain below : (2 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 3
    4137 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

make the sister you’re closest with a bm, and give the others a role at the wedding.

Post # 4
    2825 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

Either have them all or don’t have any.  Just because your fi picked your brother you don’t owe him to have someone on your side.

But you can easily include them on “bridal party” things, bachelorette party, planning appointments if they want… You could even get them a gift and give it to them at the rehearsal dinner with a little speech about how much his sisters mean to you. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have two sisters and quite a few really close friends, but I want a REALLY small wedding party so (when I was engaged before) I decided to just have my sisters up there with me as maid and maitron of honor and honor my friends at the rehearsal dinner and include them in all of the wedding activities… I called them honorary bridesmaids and lured them in with “you get to be involved in as much of the wedding as you want, you get to relax during the ceremony AND you get to wear whatever you want!”  A few were a little bummed, but then they really liked the idea and understood where I was coming from.

Post # 5
    6015 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

Is he close to one of them more then the others?  You could make a couple readers or let them hand out programs

Post # 6
    340 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

My personal opinion is to have his sisters AND your brother take on different roles within the ceremony. Your brother could just be an usher or do a reading. His sisters could do readings, hand out programs, if they have a talent (singing, instrument experience) I would try to use that. I think your Fiance should pick who he wants and you pick who you want. He and you are in no way obligated to include each others family members. Just my honest opinion though. I wish you the best! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
    340 posts
    Helper bee

That is difficult. :/ I guess what I would do is have who I wanted from my family to stand on my side with me (male/female alike) and let your Fiance choose if he wants any of his sisters to stand on his side. I have seen this done before and I personally think it is a nice way to include who you want and allow your Fiance to include who he wants from his family. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
    4485 posts
    Honey bee

There really isn;t a one-size-fits-all solution since every family is different. Whom you pick as your attendants is your decision and whomever your fiance picks as his attendants is his decision. While you may wish to have your siblings stand up on his side, only your fiance can make the final decision. As far as your attendants, they should be whomever you are closest to (in terms of friendship and emotional support). Obviously with multiple siblings, it’s natural that you won;t be close to every single one of them, and most people in that situation are actually not offended at all if one gets picked over the other. At the same time, you don;t have to pick any of his sisters, nor does he have to pick your siblings.

Post # 10
    489 posts
    Helper bee

I think your Fiance should pick which of his sisters he would want in the wedding party.  If he doesn’t have any that he’s close enough to to care, then don’t have any of them.

Post # 11
    14183 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

Why don’t YOU include your brother on your side? Then it’s your SO’s decision to include his sisters. It’s sticky when you start picking his siblings.

Post # 12
    767 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I think @arclee: and @ejs4y8: had good suggestions. I would do one of those things.

Post # 13
    6998 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

would it bother him if his sisters werent in the wedding? maybe they could do a reading or something? my Fiance has 7 sisters! and 5 brothers. Im pretty close with a few of them but i didnt want to pick and choose so none of them are in my bridal party. luckily one of his sisters is 6…so she will be our flower girl.

Post # 15
    6998 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

@PuntaCanaBride: even though i dont have them in the wedding party i am still including all of them in showers and bachelorette party! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘6 sisters….who do I choose?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors