(Closed) 6 week ultrasound

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Did you have a 6/7 week ultrasound?
    Yes : (34 votes)
    58 %
    No : (25 votes)
    42 %
  • Post # 31
    2449 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

kes18:  this! Every OB is different. Mine does (usually) 9wk/optional 12wk NT scan/20wk anatomy scan But from the nov mamas board there has been a lot of variance! 

Post # 32
    2863 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Not sure what the problem is, most people would kill for an early u/s. There is no “standard”. If you really don’t want one then you can refuse but that seems a little silly. 

Post # 33
    9811 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

HeyJude72:  Yeah, 20w is the only one that EVERYONE does!

Post # 34
    2208 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

My first appt with Dear Daughter was at 8 weeks, that’s typically when my Dr. does the dating ultrasound!

Post # 35
    635 posts
    Busy bee

I had one done at 6 weeks for dating since i had irregular periods and they saw a sac and then told me it was too big and I would likely miscarry – i went back a week later to confirm and low and behold a little nugget was growing!  Early ultrasounds are sometimes scary because a day or two can make such a change in what they see.

Post # 36
    2449 posts
    Buzzing bee

kes18:  and even with that some OB’s will do it at 18 or something like that! Mine was hard and fast that 20 is when they do it! 

Post # 37
    1296 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2016

MrsFNL:  This is exactly what my OB does too. He prefers to catch issues early to keep them from turning into emergencies.

Post # 39
    6776 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

livcee:  I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks. I think it’s common practice where I live, especially when dating is in question. I have irregular cycles, so my doctor wanted to be able to give me a more accurate due date plus it’s good that they can check for ectopic that early on. I am thankful for having had that ultrasound early on. It sure made it so much more real. I don’t know if your concern is health wise for the baby or money wise. Having a few ultrasounds during pregnancy is not going to do anything to the baby. If you were having one every week, I might be concerned. So far, I know of three ultrasounds I will be having. The one I had at 7 weeks for dating purposes, ~13 weeks for my NT scan and one later on closer to 20 weeks (the anatomy scan). 

The topic ‘6 week ultrasound’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors