(Closed) 6 weeks and light pink spotting- has this ever turned out ok for anyone else?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I had a miscarriage and then got pregnant again. I had some bleeding when I was 5 weeks, and of course I freaked out. It turned out to be a bubble in my placenta, and now I have a heathy 10 day old baby girl.

Way easier said then done, but try to relax b/c stressing out won’t help anything. Hopefully the meds will help. Good luck with everything, wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Post # 4
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

While bleeding is not considered “normal” in pregnancy, approximately 25% of people will have some spotting and it will totally be fine.

Did you just have sex recently?   Your cervix becomes friable, which means that it can bleed if bumped since the blood vessels are now closer to the surface.   

If you have cramping or heavier bleeding, or are worried, call your doctor.  They can do beta tests to make sure your numbers are still doubling.

Post # 5
2161 posts
Buzzing bee

One more thing… are you on progesterone?   If you are on meds to prevent miscarriage, you need to call them tomorrow and get your levels checked.

Post # 7
677 posts
Busy bee

I have a close friend who spotted regularly all the way through two of her pregnancies, in fact she took forever to figure out she was pregnant because she thought she kept having her period. It isnt the usual, but it happens.

Post # 8
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@mrsreid: I spotted, and went to see my doctor immediately… turns out it was sex, and we were not allowed intercourse for 3 weeks. Never happened again… For any spotting, see your doctor to help you figure out the cause and have the appropriate treatment.

Post # 9
851 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I hope everything is ok! I dont know you but I am really thinking of you, I hope its going to be ok… the biggest thing is: dont stress.

Post # 10
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2009 - Small church ceremony with mountain-view log cabin reception

I spotted during my first trimester and my Dr. attributed it to my cervix being sensitive. I’m now 19 weeks and the spotting stopped around 8 or 9 weeks. I would try not to stress:)

Post # 12
1004 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You should be able to see the baby’s hearbeat on the screen. When I had mine with this pregnancy it was at 7 weeks and baby looked like a jellybean but we got to hear and see the little heartbeat.   When I worked for my OB office, the first visit was usually with the nurse to go over medical history and things like that. Then we always had the moms come back between 10-12 weeks of pregnancy for their first Dr. visit and they had their annual exam at that time too.   🙂 Hope that helps 🙂

Post # 13
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2007

I had zero spotting with my first pregnancy, which I later lost, and some relatively heavy spotting with my second pregnancy, which resulted in my 4 month old son. It started up about 8 hours after sex, so that’s what the OB attributed it to. She told me to lay off the intercourse for two weeks, which we did, and it was totally fine. But I’m definitely glad I went in and got checked out.

Post # 15
1004 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@mrsreid: Not sure if your OB office has the same type of machine as the one at the office I go to but we always told our OB’s to bring in a CD-R and they will put pictures on their for you as well. 🙂 Some offices do and some don’t but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Just make sure it says CD-R and if they do put your pictures on there, keep taking that one with you to all OB appointments and they will continue to use it and put more pictures on there.

The topic ‘6 weeks and light pink spotting- has this ever turned out ok for anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors