• poll: After red bleeding/spotting..

I went on to have a healthy pregnancy

I sadly miscarried

Doesn't apply to me, so Happy New Year!

• Post # 2
    562 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

get to a hospital. seriously, don’t mess with this. 

Post # 3
    7426 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2013

Since you said it’s turned to brown bleeding, I would wait it out. It could’ve been from the transvaginal exam. FX everything is okay and your bean is staying sticky <3

Post # 4
    58 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

It’s very, very possible that the transvaginal ultrasound caused the spotting. Some women tend to have a very sensitive cervix. It’s the same thing when they have sex and the cervix is irritated. I know it’s so hard to not worry but you’ll just need to wait it out. I wouldn’t recommend going to the hospital,  there isn’t anything they can do. It’s a bit early to see the heartbeat on an ultrasound anyway. Wishing you all the best!

Post # 5
    47439 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    MrsYoshida:  It is worrisome but try not to let it stress you out. About 25% of women have some spotting or bleeding during pregnancy. They do not all miscarry. Some women spot throughout their whole pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby at term.

There really is little that can be done medically at this stage for spotting. Do the “Check your Symptoms” on the upper left. It will give you guidance as to whether or not you should see a doctor and if so, when.

http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthtopics/content.asp?hwid=tw9725

Fingers crossed, it will settle down for you.

Post # 7
    2966 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

yeah, it could have been from the ultrasound. i had some heavy-ish spotting when i was 5-6 weeks along and it was a small subchorionic hemorrhage (bleeding between the baby and uterus), which they weren’t too concerned about. they said as long as i wasn’t bleeding heavily and soaking pads, i was ok.

unfortunately, i ended up miscarrying at almost 9 weeks (but it wasn’t related to the hemorrhage). so yeah, as long it’s smaller amounts of blood, i would worry just yet, which i know is hard- even after my doctor told me everything was ok, i still panicked a little anytime i saw a little blood.

fingers crossed for you!

Post # 9
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Glad things are “sort of” ok and the tablets work. I think it might be time to take up walking instead! 

Post # 10
    6516 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    MrsYoshida:  cant lie, i wouldnt be able to wait it out. I would get to a hospital. Its possible everything is ok and maybe the transvaginal u/s caused some irrirtation or its just some old blood as you said it has turned to brown. I neber had an red or pink spotting but i did have brown when i wiped which is normal (old blood)

Post # 11
    1934 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
    Daizy914:  I think you missed her update from 5 hours ago 🙂

Post # 12
    6516 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    Andthepupmakes3:  i was reading this from my phone- not sure why her update didn’t show??? 

The topic ‘6 weeks pregnant, red spotting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors