6 weeks until wedding, weight loss

posted 2 months ago in Fitness
Post # 2
9372 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

Do not restrict under 1200. I’m 5 inches shorter than you and never needed to go lower than 1200 to lose weight (and I’ve successfully lost 50 lbs) and I promise you don’t either.

Over restricting is not only dangerous for you health but it sets you up for failure when your starving and miserable all the time.

Post # 3
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Cortland, NY

As PP said, don’t go under 1200. It’s the value of those 1200 that will make you lose weight.

Drop out all sugar from your diet. Stick to under 30 grams of carbs a day. If you aren’t very active, your body doesn’t need more than that to function. Drink a ton of water, and don’t eat out if you can avoid it.

Exercise can help, but it WON’T help if you’re starving yourself and eating a lot of carbs. Eating 3,000 calories of fruits and veggies is a lot easier for your body to metabolize than 1200 calories of carb-y food. Less dairy is also helpful, as dairy consists of large molecules that take your body time to break down. Eating dishes with only one or two ingredients is also a key helper. 

And do NOT skip breakfast!

Good luck!! 

Post # 4
386 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

Agree with PP, don’t restrict under 1200 calories. Instead, try to limit carbs and eat more protein and vegetables. Also, maybe up the intensity of your workouts. Trying alternating a few minutes of jogging with a few minutes of walking. That will help you burn more calories, and build more muscle (which helps you burn more calories at rest). 

Post # 5
697 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

jessicabee1234 :  Keto will drop that weight fast. Not realistically sustainable long term for a lot of people, but it’s definitely effective!

Post # 6
148 posts
Blushing bee

Do you drink? Whenever I want to drop a few pounds cutting out alcohol and swapping herbal tea for any other drinks is an easy way to lose weight.

Post # 7
180 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going to disagree with the other posters.  1200 will make you lose weight, but to do it fast I would go to 1000.  You’re not going to damage your body in a month and a half. 

Post # 8
313 posts
Helper bee

I did two 48 hour fasts every week before my wedding for a few months and reached my goal weight.  On the weekend I did one cheat day. And ate clean the other days. Plus gym 3-4 days a week. 

Post # 9
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

This is NOT a healthy, long term solution and purely anecdotal, but:

Last month I had dental surgery and was on a soft food diet. I lost 5 lbs in a week from eating soup and Ensure (those meal replacement drinks). So that’s one little suggestion. But it was gross lol and more of a last resort. 

Lift weights! You’d be surprised how fast the fat will burn off. I swear I see results from two days in the gym. 

Cut out basically all processed food. No sugary drinks or animal fats. Whole grains, fresh produce, and healthy fats like chickpeas, olive oil, avocado. 

Good luck! 

Post # 10
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2019

Aside from everyone’s suggestions, healthy and not, when are your dress fittings? I’ve seen more than a few brides look worse on their day because they crash dieted and their dress fit terribly the day of. Just a thought.

Post # 11
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2019

If you want to do something quickly, I’d do keto! You can do cleaner keto with veggies, meats and healthy fats and likely lose what you want within the time you want to… then reevaluate if you want to continue or move into something a little different to keep off what you lost!

Post # 12
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

jessicabee1234 :  6 weeks won’t ruin your body if you crash diet so I say go for it. Push through. 1000kcal of lean protein and veggies. Or, take it one step further and go vegan (FI and I are vegan 5-6 days per week and it’s made a hell of a difference). Meal prep on Sundays to prevent falling off the wagon. Everytime you look at a bar of chocolate, think of the (likely) thousands of dollars you’ve paid for your photographer to capture you on your day – look the way you want to look. You can do it!!!

Just, whatever you do, make sure you are at your desired weight by your final fitting. Cannot stress that enough. You’ll look so much worse in an ill fitting dress, than you would still carrying those 10 pounds.

Good luck!!! Make sure you let us know how you go!!!

Post # 13
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

This is what I do 🙂 dropped 20lbs in 6 weeks  

try this 6 week challenge. 

Breakfast: 1 cup of any veggie listed, one protein (6oz), 1 carb. 

(examples: I usually have a protein shake with 2 scoops of powder (it has to have low sugar content. I use Orgain & superfoods), with a handful of mixed greens and half a banana for breakfast. 

OR 1 1/2 slices Ezekiel bread, 6 egg whites cooked with greens.)

Then a shake for a snack. Make sure sugar content is very low & protein high. I use premier protein from Costco. 

Then lunch: 1 protein, 1 carb 1 veggie. (Example:  I’ll have 6 Oz chicken or lean roast on romaine lettuce leaves, sprinkle it w steak seasoning and sea salt, and 1/2 apple or other carb.)

then another shake 

then dinner is 1 protein, 1 veggie, and 1 fat. 

(ex: I usually have half an avocado or 2 TB peanut butter. 6 Oz chicken and grilled veggies or salad or just romaine wraps again. Or if I’m lazy, the same shake I did in the morning.) 

DRINK water- divide your weight by half and drink that much in ounces if you can. 

You will drop weight in a healthy way if you stick with this. the first 4-6 days are tough, but stick with it and you’ll get used to it.

also – do be careful when you go off it. If you eat like this consistently w/ no “cheat days,” and then have a lot of alcohol or rich food at your wedding, you’ll have stomach issues – so go slow and drink water, have treats but don’t go crazy the day you go off it. 

“grocery helper”

Easy portion measuring 

Post # 14
2041 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Can’t believe the bees who are advocating for crash dieting and taking in under 1200 per day. Not worth it, not to mention it’s dangerous.

Post # 15
801 posts
Busy bee

You’re unlikely to lose weight at 1000 calories because your body is going to go into starvation mode and cling to every morsel of food you’re eating.

If you can afford it, I would sign up for 4 weeks of Pilates Reformer classes, 3-4X per week. That with a CLEAN diet (lean proteins, veggies, lots and lots of water, healthy carbs like brown rice or sweet potatoes, no added sugar or super sugary fruits, very little dairy, no wheat, very little alcohol) could easily make you look 10 pounds lighter by your wedding. You can definitely lose a few inches off your waist and a 1/2 inch + in your thighs and arms with strength training + diet changes. 

Walking an hour each day is great for stress management (goodbye cortisol induced belly fat!) and leaning out your thighs and hips. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors