(Closed) 6 Weeks with Lower Heartbeat

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
8743 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
weightwatchers152 :  as long as you’re still in range and the doctor is positive I wouldn’t stress yourself out too much – it’s still super early! When I started IVF I traded all my coffee for decaf so I could still drink several cups without coming close to my max caffeine intake – that might help you if you’re addicted to the flavor like I am! 

Post # 4
1450 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
weightwatchers152 :  That’s crazy that they called that low.  The baby’s heart has just started beating.  Mine was 95 at that stage and the last ultrasound it was up to 155.  My guess would be everything would be ok.

Post # 6
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
weightwatchers152 :  Congrats! Less than 200 mg (or even 300 mg) of caffeine is harmless. The link with miscarriage and caffeine is a correlation, not a causation. Meaning caffeine does not cause or contribute to miscarriage risk. You should not feel badly for having an 8 oz coffee, and you should not feel that you HAVE to give it up. I think a heartbeat of 102 sounds fine. Best of luck!

PS. Here is a website that lists the amount of caffeine in different beverages, if you’d like to see:

https://cspinet.org/eating-healthy/ingredients-of-concern/caffeine-chart

Post # 7
8743 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
weightwatchers152 :  I do everything decaf now (even soda). I just am too lazy to keep track of my intake otherwise. And I just remembered – they didn’t even give me a heartbeat measurement at my last two ultrasounds they just said “hey! see that flicker? that’s the heartbeat!”

Post # 8
2942 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Anytime the doctor sends you home without more tests that day, its a good thing.  My last appointment (30 weeks) by the tape measure test I measured 34 weeks.  I now have a scheduled ultrasound with my next appointment as measuring big can be a huge problem, or it could mean that I had a very full bladder.  It was actually comforting that they sent me home.

Post # 9
1310 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I don’t feel like that’s too low for this point either. My little mans’ heartbeat was either 113 or 123 (I can’t recall) at 7 weeks. I’m 24 weeks on Thursday and so far, he’s had zero issues. I think your bean is gonna be just fine πŸ™‚ Congratulations too btw!!! I read a lot of your posts on the TTC boards and I knew you were doing IVF, I didn’t know you were pregnant. I’m so happy for you guys!!

Post # 10
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Your pregnancy is so early that I would not be worried.  When they first found my daughter’s heartbeat, it was 118, then it gradually went up to about 150 for the rest of my pregnancy.  I think I read that it goes up a few bpm per day.  It takes it a little while to get up to its normal speed.

The topic ‘6 Weeks with Lower Heartbeat’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors