(Closed) 6 weigh in's until my wedding. How much weight have bee's lost in 6 weeks?

posted 5 years ago in Wellness
Post # 2
106 posts
Blushing bee

Definitely don’t over-exert yourself.  It also depends on what your ultimate goal weight is.  If you are close to it and don’t have much to lose, you probably won’t (healthily) lose more than a pound a week.  I’ve lost 51 pounds (from 181 to 130) and it definitely slows down at the end.  I have 10 more pounds to go and I know it will take a little while. 6-12 pounds is doable if you still have more to go, but if you don’t have much left I would say 3-6 is more reasonable. It also depends on how acurate you are with your logging.

Post # 3
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Depends a lot on how overweight you are…. If you’re 100 lbs overweight then 2 pounds/week is a reasonable goal. If this is just vanity weight to slim down for the wedding then I’d say max 1 lb/week.

Post # 5
81 posts
Worker bee

I have my 6th weigh in on Saturday but right now I’m at 7.2 pounds lost.

Post # 6
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I lost 25 pounds once in six weeks, but it was HARD!

Post # 7
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

based on your weight goal versus your height, i think your weight loss will likely slow down. although, i lost 5 lbs the week of the wedding, but it’s not like my dress actually fit that much different because i was just stressed and dehydrated.

Post # 8
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - City, State

I lost the most weight a week before my wedding, about 5 pounds!! I had taken the week off work to finish any last minute items, but also ate super healthy (cut of carbs, salt, junk food, etc..) and did weights and cardio for 40 minutes for 5 days!

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

I lost 21 lbs in 6 weeks. It was very difficult but worth it. 

Post # 10
2098 posts
Buzzing bee

The closer you get to your goal the harder it is. I’m not trying to discourage but realistic expectations will serve you better. If you only have 6 weeks left, I’d not expect to lose more than 5, anything after that is gravy. This is coming from who has been working on “the last 5 pounds” for….. months now! I finally got a -2 last week, but I’m expecting very little to come off next week.. It’s just how it is at the end. 🙁 

The topic ‘6 weigh in's until my wedding. How much weight have bee's lost in 6 weeks?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors