(Closed) 6 years and disappointed

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you think it will happen this year?

Yes

No

Unsure

• Post # 17
    4419 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
    futuresmith4:  no problem! I’m glad it helped… I would def play it cool though, don’t freak out or get upset, just bring it up in a relatively chill situation, when your having a happy moment together and just completely no stress associated with it.

i brought it up when we had gotten back from taking our dogs to a hiking reservation and had a really awesome day. I just kinda said, ” I know there’s a lot going on in our lives lately and i just feel like we’re ready for the next step of our relationship. how do you feel?” see what he says, and I just added, “I would love to be married within the next 3 years (that was my “realistic timeline”). “We’ve built such a great foundation together, don’t you think?” …and then see where the convo takes you…. Good luck Bee. Keep us updated 😉

Post # 18
    184 posts
    Blushing bee

I am 23 and he is 25 and at the five year mark he just wasn’t ready. We would talk about marriage all the time and he would always acknowledged that in the future he would Mary me and would say “soon” but he wasn’t ready. We broke up because he had doubts and now we are back together as he has realized that he does want to be with me forever, that being said he understands that I will not wait too long for him. At the same time he has to be ready on his own Because I scared him away when I tried to push him too hard.

Post # 19
    7162 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2016

Would you be okay with getting engaged without a ring? Would you be okay with a practical conversation about where you two are headed that doesn’t necessarily include him planning a whole surprise? Would you be okay with a proposal that doesn’t match anything you’ve imagined but results in the two of you spending your lives together?

I agree with everyone else saying to talk with him. You are both young, true, but it is not unreasonable to want to know how your partner sees your relationship going and determining if that matches your view or desires. You have a right to make an informed choice about your future.

The topic ‘6 years and disappointed’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors