(Closed) 6 years later I am engaged

posted 5 years ago in Proposals
Post # 16
423 posts
Helper bee

Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful, considering you and your Fiance have been together so long I am suprised people are asking if you are pregnant. Though for many it is likely just a silly comment based on assumption. Society seems to reflect somehow that engagement means baby not love and future.

When I got engaged only one person mentioned about being pregnant but no one close. Everyone knew I wasnt pregnant – not my personality.

An old friend from school come by out of the blue soon after my engagement and the first thing she said to me when she noticed the ring was ‘ you look like you have put on weight, congrats are you guys having a baby! no wonder you are engaged’ *wink*… there I was thinking wha the hell do you mean! I am only 5ft2 and not even 50kgs! 

Considering my size though I wouldnt pass at all if i was pregnant, you would notice immediately.

Post # 17
2663 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
mastiff089:  Congratulations on your engagement! Lovely ring!

I’m sorry you’re dealing with idiots. I had the pregnancy assumption too with lots of people. We got engaged after six and a half years. Plus when we told our families they assumed the news was pregnancy too, even though we’d never shown any interest in children and I’m someone who’d want to be married first. We’d also told our families that as far as we’re concerned so far we don’t want children. Nevermind.

Now we’re married people ask when we want a family. Because of course the only reason we’d get married is to procreate! It’s such an intrusive question and sometimes I just want to slap them. Now husband has a nephew and when he was born I was left holding him because ‘i was getting in practice’ and ‘you look so natural!’ no I want to eat my lunch and I can’t because you’ve left me holding baby whom I do not find heart meltingly cute – can I put him down now?

To tag – click reply under the users message. It will then appear as a link in the text box at the bottom of the page and you just write your message to them after the linked name. You can scroll up and tag more people before you submit if you like. I don’t believe you can tag on more than one page at a time but maybe that’s because I’m on my phone. You just lose your massages if you leave the page. I hope this helps!

Post # 18
2663 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
flutterbiikisses:  that’s just plain rude! I’m tall so it shouldn’t be that obvious on me if I were pregnant. But even so, surely if you were raady to share such news you’d have told them?!

Post # 19
423 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
howdoyoudo:  She wasnt a very important person. I think she was just being a b*tch so no pain. I cant remember what I said at the time but I did let her know I wasnt impressed! Especially when there is no belly to even give that impression!

Post # 20
6516 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
mastiff089:  Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is so beautiful.

Post # 21
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Rocky Mountains-May 2017

Got engaged a little after out 5 year anniversary and we just now moved in together and not one person has asked if we’re expecting. Though everyone who knows us knows we’re not having kids :p

Post # 23
2663 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
mastiff089:  LOL, well done 🙂

The topic ‘6 years later I am engaged’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors