(Closed) 60 bottles of wine for $120!

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am definitely thinking of doing this.  FI has made wine and beer with his friends before.  We are thinking of doing it as wedding favors, as we are getting married at a vineyard.  We have been saving bottles, and all I can say is, it is a lot harder to soak the labels off than I thought! I spent a long time on it!  But that is as far as I have gotten.

Post # 4
4824 posts
Honey bee

Make sure you do a test run before making it all, just in case it doesnt come out right.  I would also be sure to have some non-fruit wine. Not everyone likes it because its so distinct.

I am not sure if its anything like what a friends father makes, but he makes a strawberry wine from canned strawberries that I can’t stand. Its like drinking syrup.

Post # 6
413 posts
Helper bee

@MsCameo:   Oh how I can relate to taking the existing labels off.  How wretched a job is that!   We finally soaked them in the bathtub in hot soapy water for a couple of hours and it was easier that way.  Still had to use a straight razor to get all the sticky off.  Glad that is finished!

Post # 8
4824 posts
Honey bee

@algregory76: That sounds like a good mix!  I like the idea of making your own wine.

Post # 10
413 posts
Helper bee

@algregory76:   we were on a really tight budget and actually did wine bottles as centerpieces….give me a minute and i’ll find you a picture

Post # 11
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

just a tip about taking the wine bottle labels off. There is this gel that you can buy at home improvement stores that you roll onto wallpaper that you are trying to remove, it softens the glue and makes it a lot easier to remove, also works on wine bottle labels! (or did for me at least!)

Post # 12
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@algregory76: Where did you get these kits from?  Darling Husband and I love wine and I think it would be a lot of fun to make some of our own!

Post # 15
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We served double dog dare at our wedding and it was a HUMONGOUS hit (their cabernet is amazing!!! People kept asking us where they could get it.  It’s under $4 a bottle BEFORE we applied coupons and discounts. Just so you know there’s a less time consuming option 🙂

The topic ‘60 bottles of wine for $120!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors