(Closed) 60 person guest list?

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m having a beach DW in Florida and most of my guests are a 5 hour drive away.  Our official guestlist is 46 but I think it will actually be less than 40 that are there.  I’m very excited about having a small wedding.  I will actually get to spend time and chat with everyone at my wedding.  I’m able to have the wedding I want and stay in my budget.  Me and my friends aren’t really the dancing type so I’m ok if no one dances tbh.  I’ll still do a first dance and a father/daughter dance and have music on my playlist for dancing if people are in the mood to do so(having an ipod hooked up to speakers and my brother will be in charge of it).  Small weddings aren’t for everyone but they suit me and my Fiance perfectly. 

Post # 4
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@SupermarketGirl:  mine will be around 40, I think it will be great, everyone can still mingle and it will be more intimate, easy for guests to get to know each other. 

Post # 5
3141 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We are having a wedding of 60-ish people too and I think that it is becoming more common. I agree if you don’t see someone regularly then they shouldn’t be on the list unless it’s a geographic issue. YOu will be able to celebrate with all your guests when it is this size. If you wonder will it be a rockin time… if you go out to the clubs with a group of friends think of how small of an amount of people it takes to have a great time there… your wedding will be celebrated by those that are closest to you 

Post # 6
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Our wedding had about 60 guests. I had the same worry that people might not have fun and won’t dance. It turned out almost everyone danced and had fun. I also worried the room will feel empty with 60 people, but we arranged 3 longs tables and 1 sweetheart table around the dance flootheir fill up the room nicely. 

Post # 7
Hostess
7560 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

You can definitely have a great reception with 60 people, just make sure everything make sense for a smaller event. As in…don’t have a big giant space or lots of formalities when it should be more close/casual. 

The topic ‘60 person guest list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors