(Closed) 60 photos for 2 hours

posted 5 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

It would depend on the size of your family… and how many family portraits you will have. I think it’s too few. I would add another hour to get more photos.

Post # 4
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My wedding was very similar to yours. It ended up taking about 2 hours for the before shots, ceremony, and after group pictures. I ended up getting 160 back, and even though some of them were essentially the same shot at a slightly different angle, I don’t think they could have been reduced to only 60 shots without missing some of the important parts. If the pictures are important to you, I would add the extra hour and shots (even though I still don’t think you would be getting enough pictures). It may be worthwhile to look around for another photographer 🙁 

Post # 6
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

That seems strange to put a cap on the photos. If you are shooting for 2 hours you should get back however many pictures came out. My Fiance is a photographer sometimes you get a ton of photos, sometimes just average. But he never says “Oh I think thats enough, I have reach X amount.” I would maybe see why there is a limit? Our E-pics was like a hour maybe hour and half and we recieved like 75 (didn’t include any of the light testing or bad ones).

And are you allowed to bring in a different photographer? If so, they if you do decide to go with someone else I wouldn’t change venues. The old photographer won’t be there so no awkwardness. And if they question your decision limiting your pictures is crazy. 

Post # 7
6114 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

60 pictures for 2 hours is definitely not enough. Just as an example, our engagement pictures were an hour and I got back over 300 pictures.

Post # 8
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@mrsgantz:  Is there a way you could have the photographer for 3-4 hours so that you could get more pictures from your photographer? 60 doesn’t seem like a lot for a wedding even if it is a small destination wedding. I would maybe look at other photographers that might give you the option for more photographs. 🙂 Good luck. 

Post # 9
983 posts
Busy bee

I shoot unlimited at my weddings. I provide anywhere between 300-500 for final images on an 8 hour day. Hope that will help you for 2 hours.  A 30 minute engagement session OR portrait session I provide at least 40-50 images….  I think it’s strange to only get that few photos for 2 hours for a ceremony and formals.

Post # 10
1607 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

So if there are more then 60 awesome shots – does he hold them hostage? or … throw them away? I don’t get it. Pictures happen – you can’t really put a number on them…

Post # 11
3053 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I definitely would find someone who can do more or pay for more photos but I’m not sure I would bring a different photog to the original’s venue…I’d have to REALLY love the venue & not be able to find ANYTHING comparable to decide that awkwardness would be worth it.

Post # 12
972 posts
Busy bee

@suburbian:  LOL holds them hostage. hahaha

I don’t know much about whether thats “enough” shots, but it does seem on the low side. If photos are very important to you, I’d try to up the number just so you don’t look back and feel like you’re missing out. 

The topic ‘60 photos for 2 hours’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors