(Closed) 60 pounds……

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
986 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@loveisallyouneed24:  I’ve lost 64 but its taken almost 1.5 yrs.  If I didn’t take little breaks, I could have done it in a year.   I’m doing Jenny Craig and have just now added the gym.

Post # 5
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Cardio and a food/calorie diary

Post # 6
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@loveisallyouneed24:  That’s about 2.5lbs a week – which sounds on the high end of realistic to me.

You’ll need to be really disciplined about it, diet will be a big thing and getting exercise would defintely help. I think if you want it bad enough you can certainly do it! πŸ™‚

Post # 7
1868 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

1-2 lbs/week is average weight loss, but you’ll start out losing more and it will taper off and/or stall completely for periods after you’ve already lost a lot. Honestly, I wouldn’t set your goal that high. It’s definitely doable but you’d be putting a lot of pressure on yourself. Then again, if you are really disciplined, I’d say its possible. I’d highly recommend Weight watchers especially in your situation. I lost 30 lbs on it last year and have kept it off for a whole year. I think using an established program like weight watchers will help considering your goal is higher than normal. I wouldn’t trust just counting calories or using a free program on the internet to lose so much in such a short time, but that’s just me.

Best advice I can give you is to write down every little thing you eat (yes, even that bite of cake, candy or anything else you are ashamed you ate) and to measure all your portions, especially rice and pasta. For me, I cut some foods out completely because I can’t eat just a few french fries. I ate them on vacation for the first time in a year since i started WW and ended up ordering them like 4x on vacation. For me, its a gateway drug, so I know to avoid them. Figure out your gateway “drug” and stay far way. Normally I don’t suggest cutting anything else completely because you’ll feel deprived, but your goal is stringent so you need to be able to not slip much. Definitely use websites like skinnytaste.com or WW cookbooks to find new recipes. Those have totally changed how I cook. Almost anything you eat normally can be made healthy with less oil/butter/etc and no frying.

If you are going to add exercise into your weight loss plan (I lost my weight based on changing my diet alone), make sure you eat extra calories to make up for what you lost through exercise or else your body will enter starvation mode. I see it on here all the time. People are eating 1200 calories a day, burning 300, and wondering why they don’t see weight loss results.

Good luck!

Post # 8
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Hmm well that all depends on you honestly.

I have lost a total of 130 pounds BUT the first 75 came off very slowly as I was trying to get my body back in shape. I would say it took a good year to lost the first 75 and then an additioanl six to eight months to lose 45 more pounds. The last 10 pounds I have lost within the past month or so.

The topic ‘60 pounds……’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors