(Closed) 60″ Tables— Will 10 be too crowded??

posted 11 years ago in Reception
Post # 17
1741 posts
Bumble bee

We did up to 10 on 60 inch tables. Please realize the 60in is the diameter so, unlike a previous post mentioned, your guests will have more than 6 inches per person. I think you would be best not putting 10 at every table but it’s certainly doable. Just be aware of where you may sit a larget guest or someone with a baby should have an extra seat for the bab, etc.

Post # 18
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

DH used to work for a venue and he said the brides that did 10 people at a table we always thought were totally insane. He also said their guests were uncomfortable and serving them was a pain in the butt, there was always something being spilled on someone the entire night.

Post # 19
11 posts
Newbee

10 is too tight for a 60 inch round table. The table looks ok while the chairs are a little pulled out. But as soon as they sit down, and scoot the chairs in, its a little tight.

Post # 20
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

60″ round is definitely too small for 10 people…will be uncomfortably tight. 60″ round fits 6-8 people comfortably; 72″ round fits 10-12 ppl. We are doing 10 to a table and using 72″ round….

Post # 21
3625 posts
Sugar bee

I also think it’s too many and is really uncomfortable for the guests. We had a 2 tables with 9 at them, and I felt bad when they looked (and felt) squished. There was no place to put anything!

Post # 21
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
mrsjesse:  Actually 60″ refers to the diameter of the table, not the circumference.  60″ tables are 188.5″ around meaning that each guest has between 18-19″ of space in front of them.  Still tight, but much more reasonable than 6″.  We’re doing 10/table for our wedding, which will be tight, but manageable.

Post # 23
2 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
mrsjesse: maybe a little to particuar, but i;m pretty sure 60 inches refers to diameter. this means the circumfrence of the table would be about 188 inches (circumference = pi * diameter = 3.14*60 = 188). so each guest has 188/10 = 18 inches at the edge of the table, which actually sounds just fine to me for regular sized guests

Post # 24
2 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
mrsjesse:  i think 60 inches refers to diameter. this means the circumfrence of the table would be about 188 inches (circumference = pi * diameter = 3.14*60 = 188). so each guest has 18.8 inches at the edge of the table, which actually sounds just fine to me for regular sized guests

Post # 25
30400 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
cicibride:  Given that this thread is 5 years old, it’s likely no longer an issue.

The general guideline is 23″ per guest, so 18 ” does feel crowded.

The topic ‘60″ Tables— Will 10 be too crowded??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors