(Closed) 61% off Mani/Pedi at Swoon Spa

posted 8 years ago in Seattle
Post # 3
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Catholic Church & The Engine Room at Georgetown Studios

OMG Thanks! I just bought 6 for me and my Bridesmaid or Best Man 🙂 perfect!

Post # 4
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

You know, I very nearly leapt on this for me and my bridesmaids when I saw it this morning, but check out the Yelp reviews of Swoon -yikes! Not good, and I’m imagining the customer service is only going to get worse with the thousands of people purchasing this deal. I don’t know, what do you ladies think?

Post # 5
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@LittlestBirds: I thought about that too and was concerned. The reviews on Citysearch are better, but only one person has reviewed since 2007 and that review was bad! I don’t think it’s worth the risk that they might be bad coordinating appointments, staying open, possibly giving painful pedicures (what the Citysearch review said). $27 is a great deal at a GOOD nail salon, but in my opinion it’s not so cheap that I think it’s worth risking a bad experience. 

Post # 6
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Catholic Church & The Engine Room at Georgetown Studios

whoops- you guys are so good- I lept to fast I think… we’ll see how it goes- pray for the best results. 🙂

Post # 7
1570 posts
Bumble bee

@sapphirebride Yeah, the no-frills salon one block from my house does a mani/pedi for $30 so I think I’d go with them rather than Swoon given these reviews, especially given that Capitol Hill is not that easy to get to from Ballard. @Pretzel Good luck though, I hope you guys end up having a good experience, and kudos on saving all that money; I mean, six bridesmaids at a full-service salon paying full price for mani/pedis would have gotten very pricey!

Post # 8
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@ littlestbirds- where in Ballard do you go?  I love my place up in QA but it’s a bit inconvenient for me now that I live in Greenwood.  My gym is in Ballard though so I wouldn’t mind finding a good place there.

Post # 9
1570 posts
Bumble bee

@Miss Root Full disclosure, I haven’t actually gotten a mani or pedi since I moved to Seattle last June – I’m a file-and-(maybe)-polish DIY girl most of the time. But I get my eyebrows waxed at Happy Nail, on 15th near 64th NW, for ten bucks and their posted price for a mani/pedi is $30. I see lots of women in there getting their nails done so they must do a good job.

Post # 10
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@LittlestBirds, @Miss Root: I’ve had my nails done at Happy Nails. It’s $28. They do an okay job. The manicure doesn’t last as long as I would like and they have a tendency to have someone do your hands at the same time as someone else doing your toes and chat non-stop while they do it. I’m not fond of that, because I like to read a magazine while I’m getting a pedicure which is hard to do while someone is painting your fingernails! But with a big group, they obviously wouldn’t be able to do this with everyone and you could have each other to chat with. It’d be fine for getting wedding nails done. As for other locations in Ballard, LT Nails on Market gets great reviews and costs more than Happy Nails but I’ve heard it’s a better experience.

Post # 11
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Oh well, good to know!  Thanks for the input girls!  Maybe I will try Happy Nails

The topic ‘61% off Mani/Pedi at Swoon Spa’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors