Post # 1
Who else is excited!?
What do you have done and what’s next on your to do list?
I’ll admit, I haven’t planned a single thing since August, haha. I did get my awesome wedding organizer in the mail though 🙂 So winter break is going to be super productive (I hope). Planning on booking flowers soon 🙂
Post # 3
Holy crap, really?! I’m also a 6/16/12 bride. I’m so far behind as well, haha! Kind of doesn’t feel quite real yet though I will admit that I spent at least 45 minutes non-stop worrying about whether or not to hire a DOC last night, then I had anxiety dreams about it! But yay for June 16th brides!
Post # 4
I just had a slight panic attack haha. I feel like I’m organzied, it seems like there’s so much that you can’t do until closer too tho.. Ahh…!!!
Post # 5
I didn’t even realize today was the 6th month mark! I guess I really need to get on addressing and sending those STDs! I have done a lot so far, but I have kind of backed off recently since I have most of the big stuff done.
Things I have done:
- Reception and cermony place reserved
- Dress purchased and in my possession
- Veil picked out and ordered
- Bridesmaid dresses picked out and half have been ordered
- Deposit down on photographer and had engagement pictures taken
- Save-The-Date Cards ordered, but have not been sent out yet
- Officant reserved
- Picked out a caterer and put down a deposit
- Picked out a DJ
- Ordered the cake
- Reserved a block of hotel rooms for out of town guests
- Starting collecting vases for the center pieces (from Goodwill and the Salvation Army)
- Set up hair and makeup for the wedding day
- Finished registry (some people wanted to use this for Christmas, so we did it early)
Next things on my list:
- Pick out a place for the rehersal dinner
- Order the groom’s and groom’s men’s attire
- Reduce quest list by 10-20 people
- Order flower from Sam’s Club (we are making our own bouquets)
- Pick out and order the invitations
- Meet with caterer to figure out rentals
- Pick out ceremony musicians
I have discovered that wedding planning is not a whole lot of fun, but a whole lot of work!
Post # 6
Lol! Apparently I’m the only one counting down… but we’re long distance until the wedding so I’m very aware of how much longer it is, haha.
@sleepypanda: I’m “behind” I guess but I’m not stressed about it, though I’ve had wedding dreams lately… I decided not to plan during the semester, so I’ll just do what I can over winter break.
@LyndzJM: I know, I feel like I only have to do my hands on projects yet and it seems too early!
@onyx81: Oh good, I have all the stuff on your list done too. Except the DJ and cake but we’re DIYing those.
So far I think I have most things booked… ceremony site, reception site, photog (e-pics are done), catering… We’ve got our guest list and since it’s all family cutting down isn’t an option, we have a huge family. My dress and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are ordered.
I have to order my invitations off Vistaprint by Dec. 30th since I got a groupon deal on those, but it shouldn’t be an issue. We’re having a budget wedding so it’s fairly low stress. I do need to get on those flowers though… my hometown doesn’t have Costco or Sams or anything so DIY isn’t an option for us 🙁
Post # 7
@galloway111: I’m DIY’ing flowers as well and probably going with Sam’s Club for roses, but not all my flowers. I know you don’t have Sam’s Club, but there are tons (seriously, TONS, of online flower wholesalers making it tough to decide on who to choose!) of online places out there. I compiled a list based on reviews from weddingbee, indiebride, and weddingwire that I’m currently doing research on to figure out which company would be best for the flowers that I need. If you’re interested, here’s the list that I’ve created:
Post # 8
I’m on the 20th but this really puts things in perspective!! Wow!!
Post # 9
I am on June 16th too!! I have ordered my dress, bridesmaids dresses, sent out Save-The-Date Cards, and currently in the process of making my own invitations. I am making most of the wedding decorations (including flowers) by myself, so it should be fun… Good luck with the wedding planning girls.