(Closed) 620 Loft and Garden

posted 7 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Kristen4482: Hi there,

We are seriously considering 620 loft although I haven’t done a site inspection as they are apparently changing their floor cover. I am planning to visit this Thursday.  Have you been there? I am surprised there are no reviews and wondered if that was a red flag?  We are tossing up between Blue Hill Stone Barns or 620 Loft.  Both very different!  620 loft amazing location but need to organize caterers, everything (Creative Edge Parties have been very proactive and helpful to date), Blue Hill bit of a distance from Manhattan but lovely food and wine taken care off!  Did you get a reasonable quote?  ours came to about $420/head for 70 guests at 620 Loft.

Post # 4
2947 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Hi @aclampett!

Did that quote you received from 620 Loft/Creative Edge include beverages/open bar? Food for cocktail hour? Or just the reception food? Thanks in advance!

Post # 6
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I looked at 620 and I think a lot of people don’t end up choosing it because it is very small…only holds 90…and at the ceremony you can only fit 90 if you have high chairs on the side of the main asile/seating set up…

And it is pretty expensive (their venue fee is one of the highest I have seen in NYC).

BEAUTIFUL outdoor space though!!  Can’t beat St. Pats peeking over.  But the inside is raw space.  If you have a small guest list go for it!

Post # 7
87 posts
Worker bee

@Kristen4482:  Fiance and I looked there, before we decided we wanted to stay in Brooklyn.

For our event, the pricing was really high, $200+ pp for brunch. There is also a $1000-$1500 fee to have your ceremony on the rooftop garden. 

A stunning location, but you definiately pay for the privilege to get married at Rockefeller Center ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee

@techie: Hi there,

Our quote included cocktail hour (drinks and food) and then sit down dinner with standard red and white wine and good.  We got quotes from both Creative Edge and Feast and Fetes.  I will say that Creative Edge were generally more responsive and so helpful (e.g. with tastings, helping us select chairs and tables etc that suited our preference).  However a bit more expensive than F&F.  If you want to upgrade wines (and we are winos) then it is pay per consumption.  All up was going to cost us about $35,000 to have it at 620.  The rental space is $15,000 and then the catering cost on top of that.

We ended up going with Blue Hill, they have been fabulous, responsive and very professional.

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

@aclampett- you have a PM- Thanks!

Post # 10
2947 posts
Sugar bee

Thank you all! We ended up booking the venue with Creative Edge! Since we are only planning for 60 guests, the size is perfect for us.

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee

@techie:

Hi there just saw this, I have my wedding booked there May 2012….i am desperately looking for a good florist for the location any ideas?

Post # 12
2947 posts
Sugar bee

@Garden: We’re using a floral designer – Matthew Robbins. I think Belle Fleur is another popular florist that’s worked at the venue before. I would ask the venue who their preferred florist is too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@ techie, 60 people seems perfect for the venue. Just checked it out last week and it seems great for a small group. Do you know if there’s a minimum with the caterers for number of people? How much is a wedding per person?

Also, how did you end joy choosing Creative Edge? Thanks so much!

Post # 14
2947 posts
Sugar bee

@bleubleu: Hi ๐Ÿ™‚

For us, 60 is the minimum in our contract. We’re really loving Creative Edge! The menu is outstanding and they’ve been very open to our ideas. Our tasting is in February and we can’t wait.

As far as cost, too many variables to give you a figure. ๐Ÿ™‚ When you take out the venue fee ($13k-ish I think?) it’s about $360 per person. We’re doing passed hors d’oeuvres for cocktail, open bar, and a four course meal with passed sweets. Hence the small guest list because we want to splurge on food. 

Post # 15
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

God, I am totally reminded why I elected to get married in my home town instead of in Manhattan (Although I fell so in love with one venue.)

$350 a head! No wonder people are protesting downtown…

Post # 16
2947 posts
Sugar bee

@Rubies: Good for you. Thanks for sharing. 

The topic ‘620 Loft and Garden’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors