(Closed) 6/2/12

posted 6 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

dj or music? wedding rings? favor ideas?  to name a few.. if you are worried there are awesome apps to download for smart phones with check lists…or even wedding websites that have to do lists

Post # 4
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’m June 2 too!

License and officiant? Invite list and addresses? Sounds like you’re doing pretty well!

By The Way I am still waiting for my dress… it is scheduled to ship in nine days. I ordered it on Halloween and lately waiting has been torture!

Post # 5
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m also June 2!

So far, this is what we have:

Officiant, venue, reception venue, wedding bands, some flowers and decorations, and a rough invite list. I’m making payments on my dress, I have bridesmaids and my flower girl dresses picked out – just have to decide on a Maid/Matron of Honor dress. We have an idea for party favors – think we’re going with a candy buffet and goody bags. We also have figured out our reception menu and discussed what we want our cake to look like and what flavor we want it. We’re not having a dj – we’ll be doing an iPod reception. I’ve also been thinking about how I want the reception set up, working on bouquet and centerpiece arrangements and all that stuff.

Post # 6
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

We’re getting married on June 1.  We’re hoping to get the cake and my makeup/hair artist next week.  After that, we have to book the shuttle bus that will ferry people from the hotel to the venue.

Vendor wise, we’re basically done.  Now, it’s DIY time.  🙂

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@dayl20 That’s an awesome favor idea! Lets people pick what they like.

Post # 8
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

June 1st here too, 133 days on my ticker, so 132 for you! :o) It’s about DIY time here too, I have almost everything major taken care of, we’re mailing out invites in a week! xx

Post # 9
1941 posts
Buzzing bee

June 1st here, also!

We have:

our venue (ceremony/reception site and caterer)
two photogs, one has 2nd shooter (both photogs are friends)
our videographer (friend)
our dj and lighting (same person, also is a friend)
save the dates being sent out this weekend
an appt for menu tasting next month
appts for two different cake tastings next month (same day as menu tasting)
our officiant (FI’s uncle) 

We need to:

narrow down choice for Bridesmaid or Best Man dress
start deciding on invitations
pick favors (the one Fiance wants is crazy and would have to be ordered by EOM Feb)
get my dress to a seamstress to see what/if any alterations are needed
pick a hair and MUA for me
look into wedding bands
look into wedding license
add more stuff to the registries (they’re SO empty)
pick boy’s attire
pick flowers
get gifts for the wedding party
get my shoes, jewelry, and veil 

Am I missing anything?!?

Post # 10
275 posts
Helper bee

4 months from today, ladies!!!! 

My invitations came yesterday and it totally brought me into reality.  Has anyone else been feeling like you’ve been in limbo but it’s starting to hit you that we don’t have much longer now??  🙂

Post # 11
50 posts
Worker bee

June 2 groom 🙂 Eveyrything planned to within an inch of its life (not by me obviously)

Post # 12
1240 posts
Bumble bee

Holy crap, I feel like yesterday I was just saying 5 months. AND NOW ITS 4 MONTHS HOLY CCRRRAAAAPPPPPPPPPP

Edit: Today I told one of my Bridesmaid or Best Man and best friend that it was 5 months, be excited. She laughed, as did I (she because she knew I was wrong, me because she was laughing). She then corrected me. And I got really anxious. 

Post # 13
275 posts
Helper bee

@gogogiraffes:  LOL… that’s exactly what happened to me when my invites came.  I actually sat down yesterday and made a check list of all the little stuff that still needs to be done.  It’s not a small list… sigh…

Post # 14
221 posts
Helper bee

We are June 2, as well. I think we are pretty much finished, other than last minute items like welcome bags and favour labels. We are having a destination wedding so I wanted to be prepared well ahead of time. Plus we will have an 18 month engagement, so lots of time!!

Post # 15
80 posts
Worker bee

Wow!  You ladies seem to be on top of things!  I had a minor set back last weekend, my lady in waiting and I went to order Bridesmaid or Best Man and Flower Girl dresses at the bridal boutique I purchased my dress from, only to find that it had burned to the ground a week prior,  the owner of the shop was going to do my flowers (I fired my florist) AND do the rehearsal and wedding coordinating, I had to fire my florist due to lack of communication (would not respond to emails or telephone calls for several months) and the woman that I selected to do my hair can no longer do it….it’s been one thing after another.  The good news is I have another shop in my hometown that can alter my dress and fulfill my dress order, I’ve already met with another florist and wedding coordinator will be submitting payments next week.

The topic ‘6/2/12’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors