(Closed) .65 princess or .65 round?

posted 4 years ago in Engagement
Post # 2
1472 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

My ring has a princess cut so I’m biased. Princess diamonds are gorgeous. Yes rounds are classic, but it’s too common IMO. My vote is for princess ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 3
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I have a size 4.5 finger and my princess is .58 carats, so I’m pretty close to what you’re looking for. If I remember correctly, round cuts face up a bit larger than princess cuts of the same carat weight. I still prefer princess, though.

Post # 4
1607 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

ROUND!! I have a size 4.5 finger with a 0.6ct round and i love it! Plus i think rounds look like bigger diamonds on the hand! ๐Ÿ™‚

image15

Post # 5
1472 posts
Bumble bee

OP why don’t you go to a jewelry store and try both shapes on and see which one you like better ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
1472 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
sassybeee:  woah gorgeous ring bee! 

Post # 7
4238 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
skinnick:  I agree with 
View original reply
milabeehappy:  that you ought to just try some on. So much of this is personal preference. Also, the setting will make a HUGE difference in which diamond e-ring you prefer to wear. Having said this, I’d probably go with a round over princess because 1) I prefer the old cuts and rounds have some great options, 2) even with more modern cuts, rounds tend to be able to “hide” more inclusions and warmer colors better than princesses, so, less expensive diamond to look just as bright and sparkly, and 3) rounds will be a touch “shorter” of a gemstone and allow me to have a lower profile ring, which, again, goes back to the setting (and I find the lower profile rings easier to wear daily). Just my $0.02.

Happy shopping, Bee! 

Post # 8
97 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
NFLwidow:  agreed exactly! Biased as well but round gets my vote too ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
747 posts
Busy bee

Definitely roud.  Princess duts dont do it for me anymore, but rounds are timeless. 

Post # 10
840 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Round. Looks bigger on the hand and is the sparkliest cut. And I just plain dont like princess cuts. Theyre “angry” looking haha. But really this is a personal thing- you either like one or the other. Try them on if youre not sure.

Post # 11
4238 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
sparklesalways:  Angry looking? I love it! Gotta love the personal takes on jewelry, huh? I actually love the look of kite set princesses but dislike them square set. Also, while I would likely never pick a princess for the reasons I mentioned above, if my hubs bought me a high-nineties carat weight princess saying, “this is because you’re the princess I met in the late ’90s,” I’d probably swoon.

Post # 12
1245 posts
Bumble bee

A round will face up larger… so that would be my vote!

Post # 13
2166 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

If it’s a solitaire, I prefer a round stone. I like princess cut and I think they are beautiful but standing alone it is not my favorite shape. 

Post # 14
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Mine is a .76 round but I have a size 5 finger. I prefer round. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  rrenee.

The topic ‘.65 princess or .65 round?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors