(Closed) 66 DAYS TO GO, I'M NOT EXCITIED

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
227 posts
Helper bee

Trust me, I totally understand how you feel.  As the date gets closer, it is easier for me to freak out about everything that I need to do.  I want to delete my countdown app because I feel like it mocks me every morning (39 days!). I have found it helpful to make sure to schedule “no wedding” days where my fiancé and I just hang out and spend time together without talking about the wedding.  And yes, they do need to be scheduled because it’s easy to just get sucked into wedding mode.  I have also found that planning the honeymoon puts me into a great mood.  We are going to Hawaii and I have been researching things to do, reading articles, looking up restaurants, visiting Yelp!, Pinterest, and even just looking at pictures.  I have even been working on typing up a detailed itinerary to show my fiancé. That actually puts me in a great mood and gets me looking forward to something other than the wedding.  If you are doing a honeymoon, try focusing on that too!  I am way more excited for Hawaii than for the actual wedding.

Post # 3
867 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I know the feeling! 67 days left for us! I mailed our invites yesterday evening and it was surprisingly stressful. I DIYed them and letting them out into the world was hard! And made it real that time is running out! In my brain I know that we’ve gotten lots done, on the other hand it seems like a million projects are left still! We can do this!

Post # 4
1119 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ButterflyOrange:  I’ve had the panic moments too…its up and down, some days I’m happy and excited and other days I’m more terrified. I just hope on the day the panic doesn’t overcome the excited and happy feelings! I’ve got 67 days to go.

Post # 5
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Beautiful place.

I think I’m the worst bride ever!!!! Some of the people I hired for the wedding I didn’t even know.. (My wedding planner has works with them before, I have seen their work, but never met!)

I’m not nervous at all.. I’m super relexed!!!

I hope you feel better soon, soon enough will be your wedding day!!!! 

Mad for me, 16 days to go!!! πŸ˜πŸ‘°πŸΌπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Post # 6
1443 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
ButterflyOrange:  The last couple of months before my wedding day, I was outwardly calm and inwardly a nervous wreck. I just had the worst feeling that it would go terribly wrong. The day of my wedding, I woke up feeling like a bundle of nerves. As the day progressed, I (strangely) got calmer and calmer. The nerves from early morning were gone and by 1 or 2pm, I was like “whatever”.  By 4pm, when the wedding was supposed to start, I was totally relaxed with not a bit of nervousness in sight. I had a BLAST. Lots of things didn’t go as planned and what I came to realize is that I just really didn’t care. I hope this helps! Best wishes on your wedding day!!! 

Post # 7
163 posts
Blushing bee

THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS!!! I am around the same many days as you, and I (as well) am losing the excitement. I feel like I have to force a positive response when a family member or friend asks if I am excited (ready, etc.). I also think they can tell I am stressed but am putting on a happy face.. ugh.

I like how some people suggest taking days not to talk about the wedding – or focusing on the honeymoon. My friend at work is renewing his vows and he told me yesterday that the only thing that’s keeping him sane is thinking about their honeymoon.

Good luck to us! <3

Post # 8
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
ButterflyOrange:  Sounds pretty normal!! It got to the point I just wish we would have eloped!  Now that it is done I love that we did it and cannot wait to see the video so I can remember more of it πŸ™‚ But just take a deep breath and remain calm πŸ™‚

Post # 9
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Tuscany Falls Banquet Hall

Are you getting married August 22nd? If so, so am I and I am completely overwhelmed. I am having a wedding of about 300 people. My fiance got laid off 3 weeks ago but luckily just got offered a new job yesterday. So that certainly did not help. I actually asked my Fiance how would he feel if we went to the courthouse a day or so before the wedding and just do it there so we could have a private moment between the two of us.

The topic ‘66 DAYS TO GO, I'M NOT EXCITIED’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors