(Closed) 6.9.12 I am driving my FI crazy!

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m getting married a week later and I’m in the same boat. Venue, caterer and officiant are booked. I’m making my dress, but I’ve already planned it out and bought all my supplies. I’ve bought my shoes. I’ve bought my FI’s wedding outfit including shoes. Our apartment is full of DIY materials. I’ve already designed our save the dates and invitations and selected our ceremony readings. I’m fanatically researching veil options and watching makeup tutorials. In fact i went out and bought a bunch of makeup today. Haha. It is a little early, but it’s so much fun! And I am determined to be completely done at least a week before the wedding so I can just relax and enjoy our activities. Luckily my Fiance is a good sport.

Post # 5
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I got sick of being that way. Well, I was TRYING to plan and it was hellacious. Nobody would return my calls, people complaing, me planning from afar.

Cancelled that wedding. We’ll be married in 60 days.

Post # 6
1723 posts
Bumble bee

We’re date twins!!! And you’re definitely not being neurotic, I’ve already gotten most everything done as far as picking out/planning and booking.  Nothing wrong with gettin stuff done early!

Post # 7
376 posts
Helper bee

i have the same date also!! my fiance gets the same way sometimes and often asks if we can have a night that we dont talk about wedding things lol but he is also greatful for planning as we know our exact budget, how much we need to save and am saving on things getting them far in advance. good luck with the planning!!!

Post # 8
567 posts
Busy bee

We are weekend twins πŸ™‚ Mine is june 10th! And i drive my fiance nuts every single day. but he knows that is the way I am. i over plan. over organized. over think.  the good thing is that he understand thats how I am and he tries to compensate by being the calm one and making sure I relax. I have the venue picked, flowers, down payments, colors, photographer, photo booth, tons of DIY stuff, honeymoon booked, the limo dj centerpeices and cake are all included in our wedding package, and a few other things done already! so i def. feel ya on this one

Post # 9
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

You are not crazy at all! I honestly think guys don’t realize that summer months fill up quickly. We are having a long engagement, so I am thinking that a benefit of that is that I’ll have my choice of vendors. We got engaged in August 2010. I called a photographer in December 2010 for our wedding on June 23rd, 2012, and they were already booked. That gave Fiance a bit of a reality check. We’ve got our ceremony and reception venues, officiant, musician, and photographer. We know where we will be going for our cake and flowers, we just haven’t made it there yet. I’m going wedding dress shopping next week, and I’ve picked out a few choices for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. I want to get as much done as possible before I head back to school next month (I’m a teacher), so next on my list is booking a DJ and getting our engagement pictures set up.

There is a lot to do!! πŸ™‚

Post # 10
326 posts
Helper bee

Well I’m not even engaged (although I know it’s happening soon) and I want to start planning soo badly! We have already discussed a 6-9-12 date, but I’m scared the venues I want are going to be booked already!! I’m trying to stay calm and remember I only have a few more weeks…hopefully my future venue will still be available :/.  Yes, I’m going just a little crazy so you’re completely normal! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
169 posts
Blushing bee

Nope I get called crazy all the time now. We have the previous weekend scheduled in (3rd June) and so far I have;

• Venue (both ceremony and reception) booked and deposit paid
  • Photographer booked and dep paid
  • Cake booked and dep paid
  • DRESS! eee! booked and deposit paid Saturday just gone!

DIYs done:

• Card box (three tier cake style)
  • Hangers
  • Bridesmaid or Best Man jewellery
  • Save-The-Date Cards
  • Tears of Joy packets
  • USB sticks for guest photos

Organised/Chosen;

• Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (made in TWO WEEKS in Bali!)
  • GMs suits (Bail too)
  • GMs ties, cufflinks and pocketsquares all boxed up
  • Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts begun
  • Favours chosen
  • Seating chart and table arrangements

Venue we picked includes flowers at the church, table lines and chair covers, centerpieces, and tealight candles too – one less thing to think about.

Now I’m just gonna kick back for the rest of July coz we’re on HOLIDAYS in a week! When I get back, I will be strating a new job so wanted a heap of stuff done first (then I can concentrate on that).

Post # 13
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Not crazy! The sooner you get it done, the less you have to worry about closer to the date. We went wedding band shopping yesterday and I told them guy that I didn’t want to do this 3 months before the wedding. 

Post # 14
1987 posts
Buzzing bee

I wish I were you, I feel like I have no motivation.  I have the church booked and my dress.  

I’m also 6.9.12

How do you do it?

Post # 15
365 posts
Helper bee

Yay for so many date twins!  My Fiance is the same way.  He really doesn’t give a darn about the whole she-bang.  He is bad with visualizing, lol.  He complained in the beginning about me dragging him around to check out venues.  “Shouldn’t you being doing this with your girlfriends and then just let me see the one you like?”  Haha.  I had a talk with him about how it made me feel.  He is a lot better about talking through major decisions now, but I leave him out of vendor appointments when I can.  He would be happy with going to the courthouse and not even having a big wedding, but I think (hope!) he will love and appreciate it when he actually sees it all put together.

So far we have our date, venue, photographer, and florist/DOC.  Working on caterers and music right now.  *This* close to picking a dress.  My girls know they are in the wedding, but he hasn’t asked his guys yet.  Sigh…

And I really want a cute ice cream stand, because Fiance loves him some ice cream and doesn’t like cake, but I don’t think we have any here that are very cute.  What I want is like this one:

But the only thing I’ve found locally is like this one:

Not cute at all.

Post # 16
408 posts
Helper bee

Date Twins!

I’m driving mine crazy too…he’s to the point where he covers his ears now haha!

So far I have:

-The dress

-BM dresses picked out

-Paying Deposit on Reception venue Tomorrow (yay!)

-Materials to get started on DIY projects

-We’re on the list to start our marriage prep program at our church

-BM’s chosen

-Photographer Chosen

-Wedding Bands purchased

-Everything else I have pictured in my head and can’t wait to get started on it!

The topic ‘6.9.12 I am driving my FI crazy!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors