(Closed) 7-17-10

posted 10 years ago in July 2010
Post # 17
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hello ladies! I am a fellow 7-17-10 bride too! I love the date, and 7 is my lucky number so this works out perfect! ๐Ÿ™‚ I just met with the florist today, ordered my dress back in November, BM’s dresses picked out as of last weekend-haven’t ordered yet, church booked, reception booked, caterer picked out (haven’t met yet), STD’s out a couple weekends ago, centerpiece supplies bought, DJ booked, honeymoon booked (YAY!) hmm… can’t think of anything else right now!

I am really starting to feel the stress though – hard to believe we are past the 6 month mark!!! My wedding dreams started just the other night… eek!

Post # 18
236 posts
Helper bee

7-17 bride here also! I can’t believe it – I made the wedding website today and it said 165 days left!

I’m late in ordering my dress but alot of the other big things are done. I”m starting to get obsessive. . . .

Post # 19
2777 posts
Sugar bee

I’m starting to get all the small things together. That weekend is coming crazy fast!

Post # 20
420 posts
Helper bee

i’m not even close to the small things, still have quite a bit of “big” things to take care of!!  lol i know i checked my website today too, 165 days oh my gosh!

Post # 21
2777 posts
Sugar bee

@nurseamanda, I’m having a very untraditional wedding and only really need to sort out the reception. That being said I still need to make the favour boxes and trial the favours and finalize the menu and get a friend to be my DOC so I certainly have a lot of things left to do! They just feel small in the grand scheme of wedding planning ๐Ÿ˜‰ What do you still need to do lovely?

Post # 22
420 posts
Helper bee

@littlemissmoo- i know what you mean, “little” things but alot of them right?  well, last week we finally booked musicians, dj and caterer, so i guess i should feel alot better!  and…yesterday maild the save the dates!

still need:  cake/baker, florist, linens, centerpieces/vases, invitations (dreading this one after doing the save the dates!), hotel block, transportation, have BM’s order and decide on groomsmen attire!  these things are next in line anway. 

really i’m making progress, just feel overwhelmed at whats left, ya know?

Post # 23
2777 posts
Sugar bee

Hehe, I know what you mean! In two weeks my Maid/Matron of Honor comes over and we HAVE to find her a dress in this visit (she lives in Spain), then we have to find FH a suit, then we have a menu tasting and we have to do those favours and trial the fudge favours (as I said earlier). It’s going to be a crazy few days!

And good luck with those invites! We sent ours out last week because lots of our guests are Out of Town so we wanted them to have the info ASAP (and they don’t do websites so Save-The-Date Cards would have been pointless). It feels amazing to have those finally sent out!

Post # 24
39 posts
Newbee

Im a 7/17 bride too! just got engaged in Dec so am trying to get a lot done quickly ( and on a budget in LA…impossible!). I feel like wedding has pretty much taken over my life…but I’m loving it. just wish the tiny details woud work themselves out. so ready to just be married! any other LA brides?

Post # 25
411 posts
Helper bee

I am so excited for July 17!  We are all getting married!  It’s coming so fast!

Post # 26
81 posts
Worker bee

Yeah for all of us luck brides on July 17th!  Only 149 days to go.  We got the tuxs rented last night.  I feel pretty good about the process right now (wedding dress, shoes, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses& shoes (a steal at $50 for both!!), location, officiant, favors (idea is thought of and almost completely bought), decorations 9bought and rented), hair and make up booked, photographer, STD sent out, invites in their envelopes waiting to be labeled, band booked, location booked – catering comes with the location, transportation, wedding night hotel booked).  I was at my aunts wedding this past weekend and everyone was saying stuff always comes up last minute .. I kept asking everyone what sort of stuff, tell me so I can prepare for it but they couldn’t tell me what these things were … But everyone was very excited for our wedding as well which made me even more excited (I didn’t think that was possible) In planning this wedding I realized how orgainized I am and how much of a planner I am – although I have have most of it under control and booked I also am starting to have the wedding dreams – waking up stressed and exhausted. 

Post # 27
66 posts
Worker bee

Another 7/17 bride here! We have all the major stuff done (ceremony site, reception site, wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses, catering).  Now it’s down to the little details which can get a little tedious for me.  

I love our date because it’ll be easy to remember. We also started dating in July, so the month is special to us. However, I’m a Florida bride and the weather is highly unpredictable in FL during July. Everything will be indoors for the most part, but getting places could be a drag with the possibility of rain, humidity, and mosquitoes.

Here’s to hoping the 17th is a glorious, warm, and delightful day this year!

Post # 28
28 posts
Newbee

Yey 7/17 brides! Another one here, and frantically trying to get everything lined up in time! Right now, I have the caterer, photog, and cake settled. The dress is being made, or will be as soon as the fabric comes in next week (yey seamstress!). Hair/makeup is set in place to be done. Hotel is picked out and I just need to reserve our room now. The venue was the easiest, since it will be at the house my Mom is living in, which was built by my great-grandparents. It’s got plenty of room for guests at our little wedding, and I can’t wait to see it all decorated. 

Things we still have to do: pick out his suit, meet with the florist for final consult, book the hotel, finalize the items we’re renting (tables, chairs, etc.), find some shoes (didn’t think it would be THAT hard!), and get the invites printed, finished, and sent. I’m better than I thought, but still so much to do! Gah!

Post # 29
90 posts
Worker bee

Another July 17 bride! Planning my wedding remotely and I have venue, dress ordered, bridesmaid dresses ordered, photographer, photo booth (yay, love this idea) and I have contracts out for cake and ceremony musicians. Officiant just bailed on us, awesome.

Doing food tasting and floral consults now because my fiance traveled to the location.

Post # 30
3 posts
Wannabee

Hi ladies, I’m another 7/17 bride!  I’m new on the boards, but looking forward to “our” wedding dates ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 31
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hey ladies! I am a fellow 7.17 bride and starting to panic now that there’s less than 4.5 months left to the big day with lots of details yet to be DIY’ed or figured out!  ๐Ÿ™‚

So far we have booked: chuch/officiant, reception venue & catering, 20 piece big band orchestra for entertainment, limos, flowers and cake.

My dress is ready for alterations, my maids and mom & Future Mother-In-Law have their dresses. Guys are getting measured for suits. Hair stylist is booked!

Since I am a designer, I did the invitations myself…they go to print this week!

We’re starting swing dance lessons next week and meeting with the priest to go over details of the ceremony.

Lots of details like favors, programs, menus, candy buffet, and logistics to be figured out!!

Glad to be sharing such a special date with you all!! xoxo

The topic ‘7-17-10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors